Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Kaled's Terrain Blog

Started by Kaled, May 22, 2010, 12:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ynek

I'm really impressed with this terrain... It's certainly a step above and beyond the stuff that I tend to play on. (Which tends to just be interesting bits of polystyrene foam arranged in a mildly interesting way...)

In short, you've officially made me jealous, old boy!
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."

Kaled

I haven't had time to make much progress with these recently - I was away all last week and don't think I'll get a chance to work on them this weekend, but I have found time to add in the stairs & ladders, paint the drums and cans in the smaller building and put up a few posters.  Hopefully next week I'll have time to paint the exteriors...

I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

greenstuff_gav

looking great  8)
that second one looks massive! what're the dimensions?

any plans on sharing the posters for those of us too lazy to make our own?  ;D

are the platform supports staying white?
i think form an asthetics point of view, having the supports line up would have been good; having them at incoherant distances detracts (ever so) slightly  :-[
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Myriad

I think I've played on smaller boards than the second piece.  Very impressive though - inquisitor often lacks a suitably cluttered, urbanised landscape, and these terrain pieces fill that hole pretty well.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Kaled

The columns are actually grey, not white - they're the same grey as the floor unfortunately, but the budget I'd set for paint didn't stretch to a second shade of grey. The reason they don't line up is due to a stupid mistake I made. On the smaller building I set the columns slightly back from the edge of the platform as it looked better, but then without thinkingdid the same for the ground floor of the larger one - I then realised if I lined them up it'd restrict the walkways too much. Unfortunately by this time they were securely glued in place and removing them would have caused serious damage to the walkways, which are basically cardboard...

As for the dimensions, you can get an idea by looking at the bits with models on for an idea of the scale, but it's about a foot tall and the base is a little over a foot square.

EDIT: I can e-mail the posters to anyone who wants them, drop me a PM and I'll send them out.

Kaled

Afternoon all,

I decided to have a big push this week and to try and get these buildings finished.  Before painting the exterior of the buildings I decided to spend a couple of nights painting the crates, barrels etc that I'd gathered to fill out the warehouses.

I then moved on to finished the small building...

...and then the large one.

As you can see, I was going for speed and the general look of the thing without having to spend too long painting anything.  I did as much as possible using spray paints, the either used drybrushing, washes or spraying from a distance to dirty things up a little, then most of the detail was done by printing out posters and packing labels, though I did use a few transfers on the large barrels.

Right now I'm working on a generator/computer core to fit in the centre of the large building so it can be used as something other than a warehouse - nothing fancy, just a few Pringle cans stuck together with bits stuck to the outside...

- Dave

Heroka Vendile

more nice work Dave, nice touch with the extra panelling around the large hay bails to make them more container-like.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

RobSkib

Inspiring stuff Dave :)

I really like the colour scheme you've gone for, if it were me, I'd have opted for boring grey, highlighted with lighter boring grey!

Are the barrels finished? If so, I'm not fully convinced that neon green and yellow fits into the Grimdark future :S Maybe a dark metallic colour with some yellow and black chevrons would help them fit in a bit more, maybe with some bulletholes and some mysteriously coloured liquid oozing out?
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

gwrulz

two thumbs up.  Inspiring stuff.
Looking a Space Marine Helmet? I may have one!