Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Ruaridh's New WIP Thread

Started by Van Helser, May 22, 2010, 04:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van Helser

Afternoon Conclavers

Today I'm making the most of a rare day with nothing to do, and have decided to throw myself at the pile of components collecting in my study and get building a couple of models.

First to come together is a rather sinister-looking Inquisitor:

I bisected the Thorian and unfortunately found that Covenant's torso was too small to go over the legs, so have had to add about 4mm of ProCreate between the front and back halves of the torso, and have added a wider and longer rim at the base of the breastplate.  The arms are Malicant's sleeves with the Thorian left forearm and a hand from the Imperial booster pack with a 40k Space Marine plasma pistol.  The head is obviously Gruss's, which goes great with Covenant's breastplate in my opinion.

Some work to do yet, like joining that pipe from Gruss's mouth up to something, and possibly constructing a backpack.  We'll see what the evening holds!

Ruaridh

kierkegaard

Looking good so far - I'm eager to see this one progress. This recent spate of Thorian conversions almost makes me want to do one too. (I have other things to be getting on with at the moment though/)

Alyster Wick

Very interesting.  From the angle right now the arms look very off, though I'm sure it's just the angle.  Looking forward to seeing more pics.  Also, I have to agree that the Gruss head/Covenant torso combo is awesome.  I ended up attaching a random dodad to the end of the tube to make it look kind of like a new school old school gas mask (if that makes sense).

Van Helser

So, over a month later, I'm ready to update this one with some new pics.

Since the last time this sinister fellow was spotted, he's now sporting a Hunter-Skull, a respirator and breathing tube and a holster.

Don't know if there's too much more to go onto him, but I can't promise he'll be getting painted any time soon.  Distinct lack of free time at the moment!

Comments welcome as always

Ruaridh

gwrulz

I am still always shocked that 28mm weapons and hands look so good on a 54mm fig...
Looking a Space Marine Helmet? I may have one!