Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

First Inquisitor in a long time, Ridian Jago, Gun Hound

Started by JoelMcKickass, May 20, 2010, 10:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelMcKickass

So he's the first one i've done in a while, he's meant to be a shooter, though i need to get a couple more pictures of his back.

I need another box of catachans to get skin just right.

kierkegaard

Nice work on the paint job (the clothes in particular.)

I'm not too keen on the arms though - they don't really fit with the body in a way that makes sense. I think that it would have looked better if you had fixed the arms to the tops of the shoulders, and filed the armpit areas down to make smooth joints with the sleeves.

I find it much easier to photograph models against a white background (standing the model on a piece of paper resting against a wall does the trick.)

Alyster Wick

It is a nice paint job.  While I don't think the arms are nearly as bad as Kierkegaard, they could use some smoothing over at the joint.  That said, it's a simple yet effective conversion you've worked up there.  I haven't seen that combination but I think it works.

What's he supposed to be? An actual Inquisitor?

Myriad

I'm getting a pirate vibe myself.  The overall feel of the model is good and the trousers are excellent.

I agree with Alyster and Kirkegaard that a few areas could be smoother, but in tabletop play the overall feel of a model is probably more important, and you've got that right.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Aidan

Nice work, I like both the painting and the pose, and the conversion work on his gun.

Although, he doesn't look to be very well balanced on his base. Shoudn't he be more centered? (His arms can't weigh that much relative to the rest of him).

QuoteWhat's he supposed to be? An actual Inquisitor?

I would surmise, based on the title, that he is a 'gun hound' -  which sounds like a fairly generic sort of term for a lackey.  If he is actually an inquisitor, he's certainly putting a lot of work into not looking the part...

JoelMcKickass

Gun-Hound's and Bullet Mutts are something i've stolen straight from Sinister/Dexter, a strip about a pair of Hitmen in 2000AD where there are Gun-Sharks and Bullet Monkeys. Basically, i had a Necromundan Scummer in mind when designing him, someone gangs use to give them a bit of oomph from time to time, but he's not ddirectly affiliated with any particular gang. Hence the red bandanna and neck scarf, but the blue strips on his arm, the colours of my two Goliath Gangs.

Looking at his arms, they've dropped when i glued them, which i didn't realise, you can see the slip quite badly in the pictures, i should've been paying far more attention. Originally it was meant to be Sgt Stones right arm, and Murke's left, but it didn't feel right, he looked hunched over, and due to the fact both arms are orginally meant to be hugging a weapon close to the owners chest, he looked a little like he was going the toilet, so i swapped them out for Devlan's (teenier) arms. I'm not sure why i've got him standing so far back, i did him with 2 days no sleep (sleep deprivation thing i was trying out for uni), and he kept falling over, so i put him back and completely forgot about super glue...

As for the converted gun, it was meant to be a stubber, but now i'm not so sure, the magazine is alot smaller than i think a 15 round magazine would be. I'm tempted to change it to a single shot bolt pistol, or something similar. I'll try and get another picture of his right hand pistol up so you can see what i mean, and whether or not it could pass for a 15 round magazine weapon, also, i'll try and get a picture of his shotgun up, it's on his right hip, and is meant to be a double barrelled Sawn Off.