Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Syrias van Drake (pls comment and critiziese)

Started by Syrias van Drake, May 27, 2010, 01:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dumdeedum

Since you are potentially playing against all these incredible creatures(they're not really characters are they, just killing machines), I reckon having something that could hurt them would be a bonus, maybe just a krak grenade or even a non lethal grenade like a haywire, tanglefoot or haywire grenade so that you can run away.

A better option would be to grab yourself a few better pieces of equipment though, maybe a plasma pistol, so that this terminator or ork can feasibly get taken down given an awful lot of luck/GM help. Or if your against the ranger have an advanced bionic eye or something so that you have a good chance of detecting them earlier and potentially taking them down.

If you weren't potentially playing against such insanely good opposition I would say its good but slightly skill heavy.

Syrias van Drake

I don't want to give him a plasma pistol. I like this Desperado-Style with an Revolver and an Autopistol. I really like the model of Slick, but I wanted to creat a puritan (i hope it's the same word like in english), so I took the model of Eisenhorn. Syrias is a good gunfighter, but his skill in close combat isn't good (as you can see).

I will spend a couple of hours to write a new character sheet this weekend. I think your posts will help me.

precinctomega

For a veteran member of the Holy Orders, that profile looks fine.  I would add, though, that for an Ordo Malleus inquisitor (whose members tend to be more militant and carry the heavy anti-daemon/anti-psyker artillery) he's quite under-gunned.

Normally, I discourage the bolt-pistol-and-power-sword combination, but in the case of a self-styled "Lord of the Ordo Malleus" I'd consider it to be a bare minimum.

Playing the occasional "everyone against the tough nut" game can be entertaining - especially if the GM encourages imaginative tactics, such as collapsing buildings on them, laying booby-traps or delving into the truly desperate (such as summoning a daemon into the prepared form of one of one's closest allies).  But if it's just a straight-up firefight, it'll end badly for everyone but the tough nut.

I remember at Games Day a few years ago I ran a one-day campaign in which the final game was everyone trying to stop the space marine and some players (who knew the game well and so should have shown more judgment) decided to rush the marine with predictable results.

R.

Syrias van Drake

The Idea behind Syrias was an "undercover" Inquisitor, who spents most of his time to hunt radical Inquisitors in the Inquisition. His arch enemys are Inquisitors, who use the chaos to defend their enemys. He is a monodominator.
All in all I liked the idea of unusual Ordo Malleus member, who uses an "affair of honour" to defend his enemys. In the role play section of the game, Syrias is very militant. In my opinion, not every member of the Ordo Malleus has to be like Corteaz or Covenant. I hope you understand a bit of what I want to say.
I thought about giving him special ammunition against deamons and psykers, but I don't find rules, so I have to create own ones. 

dumdeedum

For special ammunition against daemons and psykers there is sanctified rounds in the swords of the faithful article. There is also plenty of these types of ammunition in MarcoSkoll's revised armoury. Both of which can be found in the links in the 'Inquisitor PDFs' sticky thread in this section of the forum.

Then for anti daemon and psyker stuff in general, the lectures on the wych articles are quite nice though predominantly about psykers and as before swords of the faithful is quite good. Theres a few nice little things in them you could give him such as a vial of the emperor's tears to help him against any daemonic allies he may encounter in his radical hunts.

Syrias van Drake

I have read those articles and if got a few nice ideas. I think to present them later.

Syrias van Drake

This weekend we played  Inquisitor... It gains more fun to play with this status. In the end he fought against a arco flaggelant. As you can imagine, it wasn't nice for him. After playing I changed again a few things in his charackter sheet. Here is the final version:

Ws  Bs   S   T    I  Wp Sg  Nv Ld  Speed
43-75-62-59- 70-62-64- 69-77   5+1

Ranged Weapons
Autopistol
Revolver
Triplex Lasgun

Close Combat Weapon
Knife

Armour
Flak armour on all locations except head.

Bionic Eye (advanced) with range-finder

2 reloads autopistol, 2 Reloads Revolver (12 bullets), 1 reload for Lasgun, 10 rounds Sanctified man-stopper rounds

Special abilities:
Leader, Ambidextrous, Gunfighter, Fast Draw, Quickload, Nerves of Steel

Crippled: Because of an old injury, Syrias is crippled

I try to write down his story in the next weeks. It will be difficult to translate it.. ;)
Greetings, Have a nice day!
Syr

Metellus

Just wondering; is there a background reason for his incredibly low WS? Also, his Speed should be 4+1, not 5+1, unless you meant to do that, in which case I'm an idiot. Furthermore, are the Sanctified rounds for the Autopistol, or the Revolver?
Oh, and if you're going to use ammunition from the Revised Armoury, I would personally consider at least using its rules for lasgun creation - I don't know about your local gaming scene, but in my experience las weaponry from the rulebook tends to compare very poorly to auto weapons in general.
Other than those random points, I like him very much, and I very much look forward to seeing his background when you finish :)

dumdeedum

I could be wrong but I think he's not using the revised armoury at all, the sanctified bullets could come from the Swords of the Faithful article.

I also would liket know what his speed is, and which gun can use the sanctified ammo, though since it is described in terms of bullets, not reloads, I would assume it goes to the revolver.

Syrias van Drake

Okay, all right! The speed is 4+1. I made my mistake again ;). I used the rules of swords of the faithfull. The sanctified are for the autopistol. (Can you name the sheet for lasgun creation, please?).
The reason for his low WS is in his background. Let's say he is a full time desperado.^^
It was a kind of a problem last game. He fought against an arco flaggelant with a power fist and a  armour value of 6 on all locations. I couldn't cause him any damage... You can remember what happenend.
Can someone propose a good website, where I can upload pictures, so I can present him in the painting and modelling section?

Syr

Metellus

The lasgun creation rules are in MarcoSkoll's Revised armoury, it's somewhere in the fan created content sectionof his MediaFire account (there should be a link to it at the bottom
of any of his posts).
As to the arco-flagellant part... All I can say is 'ow'. Also, I've never heard of an armoured arco-flagellant; aren't they supposed to be unarmoured to help with the whole redemption-through-death thing?
I personally have no idea about uploading photos, but there'll probably be someone responding to this in a few hours who can help more than me :)