Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Smart Max

Started by Heroka Vendile, June 01, 2010, 12:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heroka Vendile

Now I know this company have been mentioned many times in the past and are present on Kaleds model sources list in the sticky, but it had been a while since I'd last looked at their site and range.

It would seem the Steam-punk/magic/weirdness range that is Smog has had quite a boost in volume, although the sci-fi Mauser Earth line has had just the 1 new model in a year or so.

I do like the new additions to the Smog range, some have excellent potential as well.

Here's the prerequisite website link to save you hunting.

Have some images of some of the newer (Inquisitor-suitable) models as well:

It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

JoelMcKickass

That stuff is vair cool, i can see a nice little Mutant Warband getting made, alongside some kind of clockwork rule for some of the other stuff.

Swarbie

That Ma Fang model would make for a brilliant Slaaneshi cultist.
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

Brother_Brimstone

Although i'm sure i don't have to say this, watch out for size. Some are on the small side but fit in fine (e.g. the model i used for Zophar), but a lot are just too small. I wanted to use their 'grave digger' model for a follower of Zophar, as they have similar looking gas masks, but he's 50mm. Zophar is 52, which, as you can see in the picture of him alongside a slick devlan model from my Wicked Willie thread, fits in fine, but 50mm is too far, i'd imagine.

Having said that, they have some excellant taller models, which would be great for Inquisitor.

RobSkib

I've always been a fan of Smartmax, but like you said, they only ever seem to update when I'm NOT watching them like a hawk!

I am a big fan of the Mauser Earth range, and I can think of at least a dozen uses for every single model in the range, especially that cool new robot fella. The Smog range certainly has some lovely models with distinct possibilities, its just a shame about the size. That said, with a little extension on the stilts, that last fella might be exactly the model I'm looking for...
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Shannow

Thanks for this post, I love that last guy! Will be incorporating some ideas from him into a planned character (or buying him if I get a break on some money!). I definitely like the steam punk/victorian style and am desperately trying to figure out a way of fitting an umbrella into an inquisitor now with a nice backstory.....
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

dumdeedum

Are there any UK retailers for them with better postage rates? Its pretty hefty from smart max if you're just getting one model at 13.50 euros

kierkegaard

Quote from: dumdeedum on June 01, 2010, 11:48:23 PM
Are there any UK retailers for them with better postage rates?

You could try El Greco Miniatures or SK Miniatures for starters.