Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Lucia Orenael

Started by Laughingman, June 06, 2010, 11:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laughingman

Backgrounds to follow

Name: Lucia Orenael

WS 65
BS 66
S 66 (26 natural 40 in bionic right arm)
T 57
I 77
WP 85
SG 68
NV 82
LD 87

Psychic Powers: Choke, Storm of Lightning, Detection

Skills: Dodge, Fast Draw, First Strike. Left handed.

Equipment: Revolver with 2 reloads, Sword, Strength 40 average bionic arm(however due to the speed it was installed the arm does not have a proper manipulator and as such Lucia may not use her right hand to carry any items. 2 points of armour on addomen, legs and arms, flak on chest and groin.  

Rogue Techpriest
Enginseer Dialectian

WS: 46
BS: 70
S:  120 two advanced bionic arms both strength 60
T: 67
I 56
WP: 77
SG: 87
NV: 96
LD: 42

Skills: Force(Lack) of will, Hipshooting, quickload, Rock steady aim, True Grit.

Equipment: Bionic arm with implant Bolt Carbine and auxillary grenade launcher, bolt gun has 2 standard reloads and 1 reload each of Metal Storm Frag and Hellfire rounds. Auxillary grenade launcher is loaded with Haywire grenades. Chain Axe, las-pistol. Carapace armour on all loactions with closed helmet with average auto senses. Two average bionic legs. Two average bionic arms, Average bionic brain. Bionic head giving 3 points of armour. Rebreather, bionic eyes with infravision and motion tracker.

"Through the warp and far away, the Emperor commands and we obey."

Aidan

What would be really nice is a bit of background, so that we  can know the reasons and  rationale for the character's statistics.

Well, as far as the inquisitor is concerned, (she?) has very high stats in all areas; nevertheless, the equipment is decidedly low-key, so I'd let the {WS} and {BS} remain at those levels. Reiterating my earlier point, it would be good to know why she has such high {S} and {T}; not that these are beyond human levels, but they are high-end. The bionic arm (replacement limb?) doesn't add much to her {S}, though I'd probably count it as an armour point higher at least.

Once we get to mental stats, they might be seen as too high. Without any background information, I can surmise that the character is an exceptionally experienced veteran Inquisitor who has excelled in mental discipline; none the less, {WP} 94 would be very hard to qualify for a human being*. {I}, as well, is at the limits of believability, although for an inquisitor {I}>70 (ie, SPEED 5) is still perfectly acceptable. The other stats {SG} 88 is acceptable, though it does denote truly stupendous intelligence and knowledge. Por otro lado, I would say that the {NV} and {LD} scores, although also extremely high, are almost expected of one in the profession of Inquisitor.

- - - - -

Moving on to the servitor, then. I reckon you've got most of the stats about right - although {SG} 45 is pretty clever for a servitor. The high {S}, {T}, {WP} and {NV} all make good sense, as do the low {I} and {LD}. I do, however have issue with the high {WS} and especially {BS} - it's hard to believe that even an elite guardsman veteran (again, background could help here), turned into a servitor (or not, actually) could have a {BS} of 87 - that means an 87% chance to hit when simply firing from the hip! Considering that the servitor has some incredibly powerful equipment -especially the bolter - (In balance to the Inquisitor, I presume - and I also will presume this Inquisitor has considerable means to afford the ammunition and maintenance of such a weapon) the high {WS} and {BS} make this character so lethal that, as a GM, I would be loath to use it as an NPC. I might suggest reconsidering the profile.

These comments, of course, are based on the idea of a typical 'warband' (how I hate that word, but use it for want of a better) - if you tend to game with people who roll out armies of similar creatures, either you should convince them to balance out their characters to suit yours, or just throw my advice completely out the window and go with what suits you. :-\

Hope that was helpful.

-Aidan.

Kaled

Have you read the Explorator Warbands article?  It has some official rules for servitors, and they have somewhat lower stats that yours.  Or is there a fluff reason he's so much better than other servitors?

Also (and this is not just directed at you, there are other people similarly guilty) please could you edit the title of the thread to something more useful?  Threads with titles like 'My first character' or 'Some questions' just make it difficult to find things again - putting the name of the (main) character or the type of question you're asking is much more useful.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Laughingman

I've toned down the stats and changed the servitor to a techpriest, which is what he is. Background will be once i'm happy with it.
"Through the warp and far away, the Emperor commands and we obey."