Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

WIPs that will be completed

Started by Alyster Wick, June 11, 2010, 04:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alyster Wick

Starting this new thread as a jumping off point for completing models.  As I paint my pieces (albeit slowly) from my WIP thread I'm hoping that this will spur me on to action.  I humbly vow to not start on another model until all the ones I've started on are complete.

Anyway, here's a WIP of the paintjob on my Magos Biologus Narciss.  I'll be adding some red to some of the tubing and metal plates but otherwise all his base colors are more or less in place.  I'm trying to procure two small cogs (one for his chest piece and one for his belt) as those areas seem a little lacking.  In retrospect I may be doing some work on the belt and pistol holster as they are both far below par on the other conversion work.

I kept lots of the metals silver in an attempt to make it all look like surgical equipment before anything else, though I will also be weathering them to make said equipment look rather dirty.  I'm up in the air about using brown or blue ink for the weathering; while brown is tried and true I think blue could be new and interesting, though it may clash with the current overall color scheme.  

Enough ranting, I didn't get a front shot I was very happy with so I'm posting the one that makes me look best (so far that is, there's lots of highlighting yet to be done, only the skin is finished, but I've always found flesh to be that hardest part). I experimented a lot with layers of washes when doing the skin, hope you like!

front 1
front 2
right side

Holiad

A good model, with a sinister aspect to it entirely appropriate for a tech-priest, including in the skin-tone. Having recently used a blue-wash on silver, I'd recommend against it in this instance-it's a nice effect, but it doesn't look weathered.
Poor noble Marech
Noone 'till the end could see
Your brave heart of fire

kierkegaard

I would like this model a lot more if he had a more robust joint between the upper and lower sections. There is just something odd about having the legs entirely covered in robes with a tiny little support for the body sticking out of the top.

Having said that, I think it definitely has character. I really like the use of the Familiar's head and the left arm in particular.

Alyster Wick

QuoteI would like this model a lot more if he had a more robust joint between the upper and lower sections.

I had thought that originally too but was struggling to find something that would work without me having to try to scratch build it but I think I just found the bit...