Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The crusade grows...

Started by Holiad, December 01, 2009, 12:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holiad

Greetings all, just briefly introducing my most recent models, a few brothers in arms and fanatical spirit for this crusading redemptionist-

Because true redemptionists hunt in packs, plus a small CSM army left me with a lot of spare swords. Just a few group shots for now, will try to add individual photos over the next couple of days.

Poor noble Marech
Noone 'till the end could see
Your brave heart of fire

Hadriel Caine

I like your painting style. lots of inks? the characters look quite blanchian too! especially like the 1st one.
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Holiad

Mostly the current range of citadel washes actually, which work very well in layers, or for weaker shading. Inks are brought out when I want a nice shiny finish on something, such as the hair and sword on the central model, but very often, including for these models, the more subdued colours of the washes are more appropriate.
Poor noble Marech
Your brave heart of fire

Hadriel Caine

The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Kaled

I really love the Eisenhorn conversion - he looks fantastic with those chainswords and the guns on his belt.  The hat is the thing that really make it work though - excellent work.

The yellow robes look good too - yellow is probably the most difficult colour to do well, but that looks great.  Was it just a series of washes over a yellow basecoat, or is there some highlighting too?
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Sneak

Quote from: Kaled on December 01, 2009, 08:59:57 PM
I really love the Eisenhorn conversion - he looks fantastic with those chainswords and the guns on his belt.  The hat is the thing that really make it work though - excellent work.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I like the moustache on that model too. Looks like a proper bandito :D

Necris

Are those bolt pistols?

very sweet minis
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Myriad

"And so as I, brother Jools, record, on this day the hat of brother Stoo made a grand sillouhette, and his moustache struck fear into the heart of the unbelievers".

It's a nice model, without doubt.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Holiad

OK, Time for their close-ups.
Firstly, brother crusader Jools, keeper of the crusades sacred archives, complete with book and writing quills just in case he witnesses something that needs recording-

In answer to Kaled's question on the yellow robes, that is pretty much the gryphonne sepia wash doing most of the work for me, although I think I added minimal highlights in the same yellow as the original basecoat between layers. Trial and error has shown that I'm likely to make a mess of heavy highlighting, espescially where robes are concerned, so for these models I restrained myself.

Secondly, the moustached and hatted brother crusader Jops-

Yes, those are indeed 28mm bolters, from the same source as his chainswords, and similarly effective in scaling up to inquisitor, although in their case the shift in scale comes with a downgrade to autopistol. Interesting that  the 28mm swords still look the right size. I felt he should have some form of sidearm, but didn't want to mar the dramatic outline of his coat.

Finally, the odd model out, inquisitorial acolyte Terwyn-Awchus

A character that's been a long time in the planning stages, since I couldn't see any way to get the strong, fiery pose I wanted out of the daemon huntress model. Fortunately, the arms and head proved a good fit on the excellent judge model, and I'm very pleased with the result, despite the cost to her womanly figure.
Poor noble Marech
Your brave heart of fire

TheNephew

Very impressed with the paintjobs, and I do like the behatted Inqusitor - I'd say more but it's already been covered.
The acolyte's coat is certainly very green - stands out nicely, as I've not seen many models with such large and bright areas done that well. I may have to invest in some washes when I get back home.
My only issue with any of the models is that the acolyte's skin tone looks a little washed out - possibly due to the brightness of the coat and being next to the beige carapace armour the flesh tone looks a little too close to the armour's shade. This may be due to the photo and lighting though.

abhorsen950

Very nice
nice painting and great models

Steve