Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dario's models - gallery. (Retrospective)

Started by Darios, August 12, 2009, 06:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darios

hello again.
as the conclave came crashing down i was just about to show my model collection.
so i'll now rehost them and hopefully will be able to show some new ones in time.

First of all my imperial models (i tend to collect demonhunters... and my inquisitoress has by now a quite large retinue ^^)

Grey Knight (yes he is red... i like that more.)

Demonhuntress:

Crusader:

Priest:

Death cult 1 (paintjob NOT by me):

Death Cult 2:

Xenos:

Enslaver:

Genestealer cult:

magos:

Stealer:

Hybrids:

Demons:

Horror:

Bloodletter:

thats all so far... besides i got one navigator (PIP), a scratched inqui stormtrooper, a sister hospitaller (pip) and the beginnigs of an AD mech Warband lying around... ah and a Grey knight terminator (but im not that satisfied with this one....)

comments and critics are welcome and if you have any questions regarding models or painting fell free to post.

Adlan

Wow, loving the horror. and the bloodletter.

Everything is good, but the demons just pop. Are they self sculpts?

precinctomega

What a great collection!  And I love the painting style, which reminds me of Adam C's.

R.

Hadriel Caine

these are awesome! The stealer hybrids are THE best I've seen. I think I said before on the old clave, I really like the red on the grey knight. Whats the bloodletter and horror made from?
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Darios

@ adlan: the horror is a self scupt with no other parts used. the bloodletter is mostly made of various gw parts and aa bit GS. (head is a 3rd edi venator with gs, arms and legs are WHFB horseheads...)

@ precintomega: thanks ^^ i intend to do more models... and will post them here for sure

@ adam: well the hybrids were pretty easy... one was toothpick murke one a simple quovandius and one was the damien bloodhound kits with just 2-3 of the hybrid sets added. and then painted really dirty and used style... to show the "low-scum" background, as about the demons... see above... (the horror ist made of a wireskeleton and then lots of airdrying clay... )

Kaled

I really like the Bloodletter - he's fantastic.  The enslavers are very cool too.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Molotov

I think the Crusader is a nice conversion and a great extrapolation from the 28mm models.
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Darios

it was one of my first tries to do inqui models from scratch... nowadays i would do it different but i still use him due to nostalgic feelings and besides he has a quite impressive killquota (grenades, shield and a powersword combined with sheer luck at the generic char creation can do a lot of damage...)

kierkegaard

Those are some great looking models there. It is always good to see another Genestealer cult (and such a well done one too.) I particularly like the Khorne Deamon (excellent and creative use of 28mm horse heads - I would never have thought of that.)

Darios

well i was roaming my bitsbox for ispiration... and found the head of an 3rd edi venator... then i made head and torso... and i was like... Damn... what about arms and legs... and there were these enormous amounts of horseheads... left over from my choas WHFB army... and funnily two of them were lying around in the box just as i later placed them on the model... and that gave me the hint "i could use these...." in the end it turned out pretty well, though the legs are a bit small (but only a bit ^^)

Saussure

Whilst the blending could be smoother, I like the tone you've chosen for the Daemonhuntress' armour - it's very rich. What's the thinking behind the Crusader's face?

Herodotus Benedict Saussure
Ordo Hereticus Terran
Forum Moderator

Darios

well the initial thought behind his "face" was: I need another character (at this point i had only the marine the demonhuntress and the josef) and i had next to none spare bits for conversions... so i used a bit of tau battlesuit gear for a sort of bionic fullhelmet... so in game he has no real sigth and no hearing... just autosenses (notice the pluginwire from head to the litte peace of gear on the shoulder) and a bionic head....
if i need him as generic badass (lately that happens quite often) i use it as normal closed helmet...

for the huntress i chose golden and yellow colours... because demonhunters in full battlegear deserve to be proud heroes and show the dark powers that HIS light is with them and that they are holy Warriors... so i painted her very Warm and golden...
p.s.: i am big fan of comic like paintjobs and so my blendings are always hard... ^^

abhorsen950

Models are fabulous
Love the grey knight in particular

Excellent stuff

Steve