Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor; An Alternative Method

Started by greenstuff_gav, July 06, 2010, 11:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

so, here's an idea that's been rattling around my head for a while.
My gaming group is more about blowing stuff up and more direct approaches than most.
There's been a bit of interest in Inquisitor, certainly not fuelled by my descriptions of games at WHW meetups :D

Instead of having everyone with their own crews and the like, partially for the introduction to the system and because i think it'd help with their roleplaying, i was going to let each sort out one character each, ensure one takes an Inquisitor and turn the 3 /4 players into a single warband.

From here it should be slightly easier to write a campaign of linked scenarios that they can work toward, rather much like Firefly; each scenario (or "episode") can stand alone, yet the plot progresses and characters are built up
Some will be the usual gunfights, sabotage missions and the like, but give room to allocate specific agendas to each PC for some cross-purpose play...

I hasten to add that they are more interested in 28mm for the time being for the usual bag of excuses trotted out when Inq28 is mentioned :lol:
this does work to my advantage; i have a veritable slew of NPCs from Zombies to traitor guard to scientist types :)

so, thoughts? advice?
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Myriad

This could certainly work and for a starting group one character each helps keep things rolling over.  Even with experienced players, 3-4 man scenarios can quickly get a bit crowded.  It should also allow you (the GM) to invest a bit more in NPCs without slowing the game down, in essence playing against the group, which should be fun.

My only thought as advice goes is to limit their in-game communication (make 'em talk in character (and make one character an ork!)), and to try to prevent them being too coherent a group, keeping some degree of competition.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!