Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Space Marine Scout

Started by kierkegaard, July 07, 2010, 04:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kierkegaard

My attention and modelling time have all been devoted to this project for the past couple of weeks. It isn't finished by any means (it still needs a final clean up of all green stuff, and the adding of details like a chapter badge, purity seals, and a chest eagle) but it is close enough so that you get the general idea.

If anyone has any criticism or suggestions for alterations, now would be a good time. (I'm waiting for the aquila and a couple of other bits to arrive.)

Anyway, here are pictures. I hope that you like it.

Shannow

That is shaping up very nicely, in particular I think the feet (a hateful part of the body to sculpt) are done extremely well.

Two questions, 1) Where are the legs taken from? 2) What is his approximate height?

Also as I have been typing this I have just noticed his FANTASTIC knee pads! Serious kudos there.

Look forward to seeing more of him.

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

phil-o-mat

very cool!!!
but the bodyarmour seems a little bit too bulky.
but your sculpting skills are way better than mine, so don`t bother...
bye, phil

Kaled

Very good - perhaps the best 54mm scout I've come across.  :)  His chestplate does look a little blocky, but that may just be because it's so plain and it'll look fine once you add the eagle.  I'd maybe be tempted to add a few more little details to the torso though - maybe drill some ports or add some panel lines or something...
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Van Helser

Excellent work as always.  I started a Scout last year, but he kind of got waylaid by other things.  This may be the inspiration I need to actually get him finished off!  Love the visor on your guy, and the pose reeks of awesome. 

Ruaridh

kierkegaard

Thanks guys, I'm glad that you like it.

Shannow - The whole model is made out of this kit from Knight Models. The knee pads are just these shoulder pads from the Baneblade kit.

Dave - I will definitely add a port (after I attach the aquila, so I know where I can safely put it.) Good idea, thanks. I've never seen a 54mm scout. Do you have any pictures of others?

Ruaridh - I would like to see your scout. The visor was very easy to do. I just wrapped a thin strip of plastic card around the head above the ears, then glued a shorter, thicker strip to the underside in the gap between the ears (I had to cut a bit out of the bridge of the nose.) Using the lower ridge as a guide, I made a saw cut into the front of the upper strip, and filed the lower ridge so that it was even with the upper strip. (I hope that that made sense!)

Molotov

I'm really very impressed by this - it's a really very cool model. Based on the 28mm models, I'd say the shoulderpads are a little small, but it's really not a major issue at all.

What Chapter are you considering for him?
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

kierkegaard

Thanks Molotov. I agree about the shoulder pads. I wish that I had made them longer as well as bigger around. Oh well...

I am thinking Angels of Vengeance for the chapter. I ordered a couple of Dark Angel bits which I hope will be suitable for the chapter badge, and I plan to paint him in this colour scheme, but with black armour instead of green.

gwrulz

Do you want me mailing address so you can send him to me?  ;D

Absolute fab work!  Two thumbs up!  Now grab a 28mm scout and stand him beside the I scale scout!
Looking a Space Marine Helmet? I may have one!

Necris

the site says the mini is 72mm

thats big

though I don't know how high the marine clocks in for inquisitor
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Gestalt

Fantastic! A promising start. Can we have a scale comparison with an SM and a regular ]I[nquisitor model?
"All things have sprung from nothing and are borne forward to infinity."
                                   Blaise Pascal

Shannow

Cheers for the link mate, that is a very cool starting model on its own, but I do love the fact its unrecognisable and yet when you see the original you go 'ohhhh yeeaaah' :P
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

kierkegaard

I got the bits that I was expecting in the post today, and unfortunately the aquila is way too small. Does anyone have an aquila from the Rhino kit (this one) that they would be willing to swap?

I will take some size comparison pictures (with standard Artemis and Guardsman models - sorry gwrulz, but I don't have a 28mm scout to compare it with) tomorrow.

Simeon Blackstar

Looks flipping fantastic.  Will this make an appearance at a Warhammer World event?

kierkegaard

Quote from: Simeon Blackstar on July 09, 2010, 08:54:05 AM
Will this make an appearance at a Warhammer World event?

Not unless I do (which is extremely unlikely.) Sorry.

As promised, here is a comparison photo with Artemis and a Guardsman.

The scout is almost exactly 70mm tall (from the soles of the feet to the top of the head.)