Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Judge Amadeus Denomalous

Started by mrstevetic, July 08, 2010, 03:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrstevetic

++Encrypted Vox Transmission++
++From: Hall of Justice Personnel Department++   
++To: <Name Removed>++
++Re: Personnel File – Judge Denomalous++
++As per your request- background, service history, and suitability profile provided++
Name:       Denomalous, Amadeus Viktor       Age:   49
Department:    Adeptus Arbites, Feyros Precinct 477    Rank:   Judge       
Known As:     Armie, Judge Scarface         Family:   Mother, Father (Both Deceased)
Description
Height:          6’2
Hair:         Greying   
Eyes:         Green      
Identifying Marks:   Vertical scar down left eye

Background
Only Child of Viktor Denomalous (Lieutenant Commander, Imperial Navy IC Frigate Exile, KIA) and Marie Feyor (died shortly after childbirth). At age 5 Transferred to Scholar Progenium 801 Cadia. Tutored under Drill Abbot Kallangur. Initial testing showed high mental capacity, penchant for both close combat and ranged weaponry. Earmarked for possible Commisariat/ Adeptus Arbites role. Skills honed over time in Scholar Progenium.

Service History
Joined Adeptus Arbites at age 18. Due to entry testing scores was trained at the Halls of Justice on Holy Terra. Ranked 3rd in training squadron. Later transferred to Feyros (Designation:hive World) Precinct 308 as Arbiter.
2 (Two) x commendations received during gang riots in Hive City 103 and Manufactorum 701 strike action. Confirmed 41 summary executions during Manufactorum 701 incident. Promoted to Sergeant after 2 years at posting cited with merited service above and beyond . Submitted and qualified for Detective Training at age 25.

Transferred to Squad room 1XA45 Precinct 583 at 26. Spent several years undercover breaking contraband smuggling and rouge trading rings in Hive City 1X3. Awarded Medal of Emperor’s Valour at age 38 after deep cover operation (lasting approximately 3 years). Operation found Planetary Government in league with Traitor Legions and planning the surrender of Feyros. Detective Denomalous  handed down sentence to the Government and their retinue, suffering wounds to his face and chest in the process. Rehabilitation and re-doctrination followed for 12 months after the incident.

Transferred to Precinct 477. Promoted to Judge at 47 following the decimation of the precinct at the hand of several traitor cults. Nominated for Medal of the Holy Emperor’s Courage for actions allowing wounded high ranking civilians, Arbites members and Sectoral Government to escape, withdrawing himself only after the last of the living Arbiters had made it to safety. Review by Senior Board pending in regards to award of above mentioned battle.
End Service History
++

++Confidential – Personnel Review++
Inquisitor,
   At your request I have reviewed Judge Denomalous and assessed in regards to your mission parameters.
Denomalous can be found to be laid back and overly cynical despite the stereotype that comes with being a member of The Adeptus Arbites. He is slow to anger and measured in all other aspects save his self proclaimed ‘razor sharp’ wit.
His attention to detail and intellectual prowess honed over decades in the service to the Lex Imperialis will only serve to benefit (if not irritate) your team and mission.
Due to previous operation experiences expect him to be beneficial in any operations with Rouge Traders and Desperados having required working relationships in the past.
Despite certain eccentricities (i.e. shunning of the traditional Arbites Uniform for Feyros Pattern field kit, and his continued usage of the superseded Mk. III Hellmact Combat shotgun), Denomalous is hardline when it comes to the role of the Adeptus Arbites  and will not tolerate the usage of Heretical and Traitorous means to achieve a goal.

Inquisitor I believe he would fit well with your Amalathian ideals.
The Grand Provost Marshall has signed off on Judge Denomalous’ secondment to your retinue and offered to supply him with Arbites grade ammunitions and supplies. Given your history with the Judge you should have no problem convincing him to join your retinue, however should issues arise I suggest an offer of a case of Terran Whiskey and high quality Iho-Sticks (his favourite vices).
Regards
<Name and Title Removed>
++

Stat Line
        WS  BS  ST  Th  WP  SG  NV  LD  IN
         64  72  55  58  71   82   79  73  70                  
Right Handed
Equipment: 
Pump-Action Combat Shotgun with 2x Full reloads Executioner Rounds, 1x Full Reload Scatter Rounds, 4x Hellfire rounds
Laspistol
Shock Maul
Book of Law
Armour:  Carapace Armour (Chest, Abdomen, Left/Right Leg)   , Flak Armour (L/R Arms. Groin)
Skills:       Quickload, Furious Assault, Rock Steady Aim, True Grit
----------

Okay Long Post, but what do you all think??
Images can be found http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=864.0<- there

edits in green

Kaled

Quote from: mrstevetic on July 08, 2010, 03:51:45 PM
Height:          6'2
The judge is one of the shorter models in the range - I wouldn't say he qualifies as being 6'2".

QuoteLater transferred to Feyros (Designation: Forge World) Precinct 308 as Arbiter.
Generally the term 'Forge World' refers to worlds ruled by the Mechanicus, and although the Inquisition technically have jurisdiction in their domains, I do not believe that the same is true of the Arbites.  I'd just make it a hive world - they have plenty of manufactories, and it being a forge world is not critical to his background.

QuoteWS  BS  ST  Th  WP  SG  NV  LD  IN
        64   72  55  58  71   82   79  73  70
It'd probably be better to write his profile in the standard order so as not to confuse people - but that's a minor point.

QuoteEquipment:  
Pump-Action Combat Shotgun with 2x Full reloads Executioner Rounds, 1x Full Reload Scatter Rounds, 4x Hellfire rounds
Laspistol
Shock Maul
How about giving him a Book of Law - pretty standard for Arbites characters (see the file emplaw.pdf in the usual repository).

QuoteArmour:  Carapace Armour (Chest, Abdomen, Right Leg)   , Flak Armour (L/R Arms. Left Leg)
Why the mismatched armour on his legs?  And no armour on his groin?

Generally though he seems like a pretty solid character - and it's a nice model too.  What about the rest of the warband?

- Dave
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

mrstevetic

Cheers for the feedback. It was an exercise in imagination I havent used for a while to get the background up and running. Gotta admit I love the resources available here and I'm just sad I didn't find this game or this site sooner.

To address points.
-Book of law is a great idea (missed that PDF) and will definitly add that in.
-Yeah the Judge seems to be a smaller model but he is kinda hunched. Im sue if he was standing up straight he'd make a decent height :)
-Putting the mismatched armour down to once again late night mindset. Will review and even it up...thinking about it groin armor might just be a good idea.

The rest of the Warband will come in time. Will probably start working on the Inquisitor next and then figure out who my third will be. It's not so much a matter of time taken to paint them ( I can churn one out in a day and a half of solid work, uch to the dismay of my wife), but just cost and ordering time, cause being in Australia the non GW models are a little harder to come by (as well as other inquisition players)!

Kaled

I wouldn't call the Judge model 'hunched', he's just shorter than average. I tend not to list my character's height (or anything else that can be determined from the model) in the background - feel free to say your character is 6' 2", he'll just be a shorter 6' 2" than other 6' 2" characters! ;)
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat