Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Still deciding on that fourth character...

Started by Okona, July 13, 2010, 02:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okona

Greetings all,

I'm having a great deal of trouble coming up with a fourth and final character for my Rogue Trader warband (and first Inquisitor warband). Background is still pending, but the kind of theme I'm going for is that of a desperate Rogue Trader with little to his name aside from a derelict ship, seeking to do anything to keep the wolves from the door. With that in mind, I've got my Rogue Trader himself (Thadiun Okona), accompanied by Archaeoxenan Nevada Jones (think Indiana Jones without the roguish charm, and a dark past of thievery and violence), and an as yet unnamed Explorator type Tech Priest, with a penchant for Xenos tech.

The look I'm going for is a space western/frontier sort, and I just cant decide on a final character and how they'd mesh with the ideals of the warband.

Some ideas I've had so far have been: An alien tracker, perhaps on a pilgrimage from his world to learn more of the galaxy, or a somewhat unhinged Imperial priest determined to bring the light of the God-Emperor to the heathen xenos scum (I like this idea a lot, but I'm not sure it meshes with the role of the other members, who are simultaneously looting the Xenos for any valuable tech...).

Any thoughts on the characters so far, and any new ones, would be VERY welcome!

DapperAnarchist

How about an Arch-Militant/Chief Armsman? Something a little like Jayne from Firefly, which would mesh with the space western mood. You could give him some interesting unique weapons - like Hotshot Six-Shooter laspistols :P Ok, so that might be a bit silly, but he'd give you a character that wouldn't clash with the others.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Okona

Not a bad idea that actually, I'd been thinking of having a character who might act as a 'chief of security' on board the ship, to keep the rest of the scum in line... Any ideas on a good base model for him? The rest of the party are conversions of the Bounty Hunter, Slick, and Gruss.