Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

An experimental rule- Fire Frenzy

Started by 1337inquisitor, July 14, 2010, 02:16:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1337inquisitor

I had this idea for awhile now and i plan to give it to a character once i've molded him out

Fire Frenzy: By pure insanity or just by breaking in the middle of combat the character goes into berserk state where he/she fires wildly with no concern for their well being or others.

Under the effect Fire Frenzy a character will automatically spend all their actions shooting on the nearest enemy character on the highest rate of fire on the gun they currently have.

(EG: Imperial Guardsman A has an Drum mag Autogun with 60 rounds and 3 action points. is shooting at Traitor B and would automatically spend his 3 actions firing 10 rounds on full auto for each.)

When they run out of ammo (in the clip, or chamber) or their gun jams they will automatically drop the weapon(they do not stop to think to reload) and will draw another gun. When the character has no other gun to draw they will then count as being under the effects of Frenzy. If no target is in sight then the character will fire wildly on the highest rate of fire on the gun they currently have (yes the player still rolls to see if they hit anything friend or foe with the GM deciding what they hit).

Please praise/comment/bash this article
No honey, the true moral of the story is never put down your weapon.

Homer Simpson

Kaled

If they're firing wildly with no concern for themselves or others then I'd expect some negative BS modifier to represent the wildness - perhaps half BS? Or shots are made as if firing full-auto? So a character with three actions and a weapon that fires on single will combine them into on one Full(3) action? Also maybe some rule to represent their lack of concern - if the closest enemy is within x yards of a friend, both must be included in the target group?
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

1337inquisitor

Quote from: Kaled on July 14, 2010, 03:57:37 PM
If they're firing wildly with no concern for themselves or others then I'd expect some negative BS modifier to represent the wildness - perhaps half BS?
I thought about that and i admit that i probably should have added it but maybe it could be like (range modifiers are doubled or the character has to do so but be running at the same time towards the enemy) or something like that.
Quote from: Kaled on July 14, 2010, 03:57:37 PMAlso maybe some rule to represent their lack of concern - if the closest enemy is within x yards of a friend, both must be included in the target group?
good point  ;) i'll add that.

Homer Simpson

Kaled

Quote from: 1337inquisitor on July 15, 2010, 02:20:38 AM
I thought about that and i admit that i probably should have added it but maybe it could be like (range modifiers are doubled or the character has to do so but be running at the same time towards the enemy) or something like that.
I guess a lot depends on how wildly you imagine him firing and how he acts while doing so.  Is he just wildly firing off all his ammo in the vague direction of the enemy?  In which case I'd impose some hefty modifier.  Or is he firing all his ammo as quickly as possibly at the enemy but retaining enough composure to fire as accurately as he can while not under the effects of Fire Frenzy?  Which is what your original rules seem to represent.

1337inquisitor

A bit like this "Farris Verron (yes this is made up) is a criminally insane drug dealer who is currently on drugs and standing in a crowd people which is in a plaza. Suddenly he think he see a glimpse of Justinius Noradius who is hated rival in drug trade in the crowd. Without thinking he pulls out a sub machine gun which he had hidden in his coat and fires wildly into crowd killing six but fails to hit the supposed sight of his rival which he still sees and is running away with the crowd, without thinking of reloading the gun he drops it and pulls out a pistol tries again to kill him but still misses and he again drops the gun. He then draws another pistol and this time hits the drug dealer which turns out to be a cowardly inquisition agent.

so in short it would be like the Americans in Vietnam which is the first one you said. Is he just wildly firing off all his ammo in the vague direction of the enemy?

Homer Simpson

Kaled

In that case I'd look at combining any single/semi actions so he always counts as firing on full auto, then specify some distance around the target and any character within that (regardless of whether they're friend or foe) is included in the target group. If there are not enough other characters near the target to fill the area, then an approriate number of 'spaces' are added instead.  Something like that would represent wildly firing in the general direction of the target and hoping that you've fired enough shots that one of them will hit, not caring that others may be hit in the process.

1337inquisitor

Homer Simpson