Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

28MM Inquisimunda Model

Started by Easy E, July 15, 2010, 12:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Easy E

Greetings,

I have been working on a ruleset for a 28mm Inquisimunda.  It is a personal blend of Inquisitor, Necromunda, Gorkamorka, Necromunda Ash Wastes, and anything else I feel like. 

Anyway, the rules are at a point where I can start putting together some models for opposing Warbands.  As a result, I picked up a box of the Cadian Command Sprue and started sticking things together.

+++

This guy will represent Inquisitor Draxiz Xanatos, The Cyclops.  As a lifelong member of the Ordo Xenos he has served the Emperor faithfully for 50 years.  In his years of service, his body has been ravaged by all manner of foul xeno weaponry, and the inquisitor's body is an elaborate tapestry of physical pain, dutiful service, and great deeds.  Indeed, the Inquisitor's skull was so badly damaged by fighting in the Tiorl system, that he lost his right eye.  The injury was so severe, that the tech-adepts and medicae staff hav ebeen unable to fit Xanatos with a bionic replacement.   

While working on the Eastern Fringe, battling to contain the spread of Tau seperatist cults within the outlying planets of the Eastern Fringe; the Inquisitor came across an even greater mystery.  Ancient ruins with strange runic writing that he personally uncovered at various sites within the Emperor's Domain.  Some of the sites were on barren lifeless rocks, and others buried deep in the bowels of hive worlds. 

Inquisitor Xanatos has come to the conclusion, that where these ruins lie, a grave threat to the Imperium of Man threatens.  The exact nature of the threat eludes him.  Therefore, the Inquistor has embarked on a three pronged-strategy: 
1. Locate and identify the sites of these ruins. 
2. Learn all he can of the looming threat. 
3. Prepare those worlds for the coming battle against the ancient xeno threat. 

++++

Now: I need your help.  What should I do to make this guy appear less IG and more Inquisitor.  Off the top of my head, I was thinking about adding some I's on his shoulder pads, or across the back of his jacket.  Any other ideas? 

^Cheapskate^

Kallidor

Interesting background there by the way.

Some =][= on his shoulders would seem a good choice as you say and I would consider a book perhaps, rework his cuff to distance it from the military look, change his collar too, maybe make it higher, ear height say. Can't say a lot more because I can't quite make out the current details of the model, can you get a closer shot?
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Shannow

Purity seals will always help, and the paintjob I think will be a large determing factor in how inquisitorial he looks, Also perhaps give him something very individual to him, a feather for example, or a hip flask or something like that.

Also interested in your rules, would love to have a read of what you've done if you want to PM me if not ready to put up.

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

greenstuff_gav

for My Inquisitor i added Artemis' sword hilt as a back icon and greenstuffed ][ symbols ... maybe worth a try adding some spare 54mm bits :)

with that cloak, looks like you could copy Covenant's ][ robe detail on there?
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Backyardpatrol

A servo skull from the Space Marine Devastators? A Tabard with the =I= symbol? A hood?

Easy E

Here is the armature for another 28mm model.  I'm not sure what he is going to be yet, so this armature will probably just sit empty for a while. 

I have not gone back to GS anything on the original model.  I haven't had much time lately.  I probably should have done that instead of making this armature.   :D
^Cheapskate^

Shannow

I am very impressed with this! I love 54mm sculpting but have never been able to manage 28mm and you look like you have really got it going well!

I look forward to seeing updates :)

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Easy E

So, I went back to the remains of my IG Command Squad box (After making a new command squad for my IG) and put these two guys together.  

This guys role is pretty obvious.  I don't have a full history/name set-up for him yet.  I can't decide if I want him to be former military or someone from outside the ranks recruited tot eh retinue.  He could either have been a valuable PDF/IG trooper that Xanatos recruited in his battles against the Tau Cults, or he could be an accomplished huntsman from the fringes of society recruited into Xanatos warband and "civilized", or he could be a former Nobleman with such a strong affinity for hunting "big game".  

When I look at this model, I think of the german sniper in Enemy at the Gates.  

For this guy, I was really scraping the bottom of the barrel for bitz.  He is going to be a sanctioned psyker.  The swagger stick is going to be a bronze cane to help him ground himself.  Anyway, he's not much of a fighter, and prefers to skulk around in the back.  I have no idea what his background is going to be yet either.  

No progress on the sculpting front.  

All three of the completed guys are scheduled for soem GS work in the near future.  I need to make them look less IG and more INQ.  

^Cheapskate^

Shannow

I'd like to see some more shots of the second guy, he definitely has a lot of INQ potential and I look forward to seeing him progress. The first guy has much less potential, but then an ex-guard or PDF isn't always a bad option and I'm sure you'll do a fine job with him :)

Also I'd be interested in reading your inquisimunda rules if you wouldn't mind sharing them? Sounds like a good combo anyway!

Rob

Time to die.

Dexter

To make your Inquisitor look more like a true Ordo Xenos Inquisitor, I would definitely begin by giving him a hood.  You could have some fun with painting, as the hood would partially obscure his would, and you could paint shadows in a way that suggest the wound is much more terrible and ugly than the actual shape of the head shows.  Aside from that, maybe use guitar string to add a few more wires coming out of his hand?  A servo skull couldn't hurt either.  The paint job is going to do a lot for him as well.  Avoid camo greens and browns at all cost.  Instead, paint him using black, white and gold for his clothing and armor, and pick a primary or secondary color as an accent.  Personally, I would paint his clothing black, armor plates white, and the metal detailing gold.  I'd use a strong blue or green to paint some simple Inquisition-themed designs on his cloak and shoulder pads, and do lightning patterns of that same color on his sword.

Your sniper doesn't look much like he belongs in an Inquisitor retinue, but that doesn't mean you can't pull it off.  My favorite idea you put forth for him was the idea of him being a nobleman who enjoys safari-style hunting.  Again, a paint scheme will do a lot for you here.  As a nobleman, he could be wearing pure white clothes with golden-embroidered designs.  To further distance him from an Imperial Guardsman, I would shave the winged skull from his lasgun.

Your psyker needs the least work to make him recognizable as a member of an Inquisitor's retinue.  All I would do is shave those medals off his chest.  When it comes to painting him, I'd use dark browns and grays, and use whatever color you use as an accent on your Inquisitor to pick out the small details.  Also, when you paint his skin, make it really pale and sickly looking, to make him look physically weak.  I would use a pale skin tone as a base, wash it with liche purple and scab red, and highlight with bleached bone.  You found a really good head for him.  Those sunken eyes are perfect.
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Easy E

For third guy, I kind of like the medals.  I see it as an affectation he puts on, when in reality he is a coward.  For some reason i see him having a weasely personality. 

People see him as a respectable Imperial servant, but he is actually low rent hive trash, that happened to stumble his way into the most Holy Inquisition only by the "luck" of being a latnet psyker.  In fact, he may have even been one of the xeno loving heretics that Xanatos has let live, in exchange for his services.

As for the posting the ruleset itself.... there are still a couple of points I need to get down on paper.  Mostly some armory choices that you can't find in existing rule sets. 

^Cheapskate^