Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Shannow's WIPs

Started by Shannow, July 15, 2010, 01:24:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shannow

Here's a sculpt I have been playing with, likely to be a chap who picks up junk as he moves from killing job to killing job, and has found himself in my bounty hunters haven bar.

The legs are supposed to be large camo pants stylee, and the chest was supposed to be slimline body armour, such as you can buy to wear on a bike, but after putting on trousers realised he was too slim, so will bulk up in next stage.

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Shannow

Updated pictures of my sculpt....calling him the harvester, made up of lots of bionics and such stuff

Ideas for non-existent hand? My thoughts are a claw like item..

Also have painted the 28mm figures and will post pictures with better light. Apologies for the low light of these.

Rob

Ps-his skin is supposed to be a messed up mish mash of scar tissue and cuts and all other such things!

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Zakkeg

Ooh, creepifying...

You might try cutting away at the edge of the axe, though, to make it a bit less... round. And his pants really need to be more defined around the cuffs. But I love the "41st millennium slasher" vibe he's got going. Looking forward to seeing him finished!
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper; only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

dumdeedum

He scares me...

Also I quite like the idea of him not having a second hand, just a blade or something, possibly installed there himself cos he doesn't trust anyone else to do it for him. Thats the kind fo guy I imagine him to be.

Look forward to the finished him

James

Shannow

Hmmm yeah, I will tidy up his legs tonight and smooth down the finger marks that are left.

A blade for his right hand does sound like a good idea, I think I might make it a chainblade and his axe a shock weapon....

Will hopefully get some pictures tomorrow :)

Rob

Time to die.

Shannow

Haven't found time to fiddle with my current sculpt, though hopefully will crack onto that later today! Here are a few pictures of my 28mm Inquisitor Lazarus (I know some paint came off on his hat, but I touched it up in some other pics :P) Apologies for the shadows, but I was in my room when the sun came out, and just as I snapped the last picture it promptly disappeared, so quite glad I didn't chance actually legging it outside! Genuinely very happy with how he turned out (though I have cheated by leaving the cross and rosary black at the back!), hope you like him.

Rob

Ps - I really really really apologise for double posting quite frequently.....I will try and stop I promise!

Time to die.

DapperAnarchist

Who knows what lurks in the hearts of men? Inquisitor Lazarus does, cos he keeps shooting them in it...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Shannow

I choose to take that as a sign of approval :D

Finished the Harvester (barring a bit of filing of axe), went with a claw in the end, very happy with him. In game he is about 7ft which was deliberate for once, he will be accompanied by a pet, which will be a massive lizard thing about 53mm high and 100mm long.... Will post fluff within the week I think, but will be concentrating on painting every model I have already.

C&C always welcome :)

Rob

Time to die.

Heroka Vendile

that's a very Freddie Kruger claw there, I'd say the models has turned out rather well so far. :)
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Shannow

Well here are pictures of a mostly painted Harvester, as well as a mostly painted pathfinder character called Dak:-

I wanted his skin to look raw as though it is constantly being torn and reformed (I am thinking I will give him regenerate), and I like the look, but I am not a good enough painter to judge my own work I think, and I'm unsure if it is too bright and it needs a wash to tone it down?

I dropped this guy and the base shattered but luckily he was ok! I'm going to greenstuff some nicer edges on so it looks ok.

Comments welcome, particularly on the harvesters skin please! And also on the gas mask actually, I don't really want to introduce another colour but can't decide which of the existing ones would fit the head best as its main colour. I was thinking, fenris grey which is the trousers, or charandon granite which is the belt and accessories on the left arm?

Rob

Time to die.

RobSkib

Awesome! Gruesome! Some kind of.. Grawesome! I really like the Harvester, I think you've got the skin spot on - it looks really raw and bloody. I'm not so sure about the pathfinder though, i think he could do with a bit of work - maybe replace the gun with a stock Inquisitor weapon, like a long-las or some other weapon? I think the GS'd gun makes it look a little sloppy, and you've proven that you can do much, much better!

Keep up the good work, it's making me get off my butt and paint :P
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Rayner

Very nice work on the harvester, the claw especially. Looks as though it was grafted on whilst his skin is slowly trying to regenerate around it, stretching itself over wires and metal. For the mask I'd suggest keeping it fairly dark like the rest of the model, perhaps bring back the yellow for any wiring/tubing on it.

Overall a very sinister addition to an impressive collection.

Shannow

Really really pleased that you both like the Harvester, definitely my favourite sculpt/conversion that I've done so far. Also I am ridiculously over proud of his trousers :P

Heres the finished pictures with a painted head:

@ Robskib - totally agree about the pathfinder, the gun was originally supposed to look like it was covered in cloth, but it was my first green stuff experience and not great in retrospect. Sadly I have a feeling it may be one of those things I mean to do, but always gets nudged aside by SHINIER stuff! mmmm shiny....

Rob

Time to die.

dumdeedum

Love him, he looks awesome... You're modelling skill are way ahead of mine.

Also agree that the pathfinder's gun needs some changing.

James

Shannow

Thank you for the compliment :)

Here are a few pictures of my...wait for it...NINJA PSYCHIC! Before you knock on my door and slap me, the idea came from someone's character background I read (can't remember who sorry!), who was using warp strength in conjunction with martial arts to which Brother_Brimstone mentioned the idea of ki/chi/cheese (whatever its called) and how people believe if they utilise this it makes them stronger, faster etc.

With that in mind I thought that instead of this guy being a psychic hidden from the black ships, which is unlikely to my mind, he was interred in a temple and his psychic powers were seen as a manifestation of his chi rather than actual psychic powers. I was thinking of giving him warp strength and psychi impel (in a dragon ball z kammi hami ha wave stylee)

Anyway heres the model pic, plus one pic of another I painted but need to go over as the pictures I took highlighted many horrible flaws...

E-cookie for getting the base model right :D I know his right hand is a bit big but the model was a few quid and will be used as an npc probably so I'm not overly fussed.

C&C please :)

Rob

Time to die.