Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Shannow's WIPs

Started by Shannow, July 15, 2010, 01:24:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tzabazeus

think it all looks great (as far as i know of ninja-psykers ;) ), and the right hand doesnt seem to bad to me from that picture.

Is the sword implanted into his left hand? could be a cool final rite of passage for the temple to sever their hand in service to the temple, or is it just me playing too much assassins creed?

How is the scale compared to other games workshop inquisitor models?

and finally, base model darth maul?

niall

Shannow

E-COOKIE for you :D tis indeed darth maul.

The sword is implanted on left hand and that is inspired from assassins creed :P

The height is quite good, about 57mm but its on a slim base, so say 58mm to be safe.

Glad you like the coincept anyway :)

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

DapperAnarchist

57-58 is fine - the Arcoflagellant body, when straightened up, touches 60mm. Where are these roughly in scale Star Wars minis from? The only ones I know of are either 25-28mm, or 70mm+

His hand isn't so much big as deformed... Those two fingers are each the size of the other two put together... But that is only really when you look close, and as you said, a few quid+NPC status covereth a multitude of sins...

Whats the non-robotic arm from the repaint-to-do model from? Did you sculpt it?

Also - it can also be called qi, and it is mental. I did some qi exercises (Cloud Hands, some qi-based leg stretches, stuff like that) in a kung fu class, and damn does it feel good. The teacher didn't really buy all the "it gives you superpowers!" stuff, so explained it more as a mix of meditation and opposed muscle exercises.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Shannow

The hand is actually from a 28mm scale goblin from GW's mid 90's range, which is quite terrifying really!

The brand is DeAgostini,,,,or something like that I will alter if I have spelt wrong. It was a 1/32 mini that came with a collectable, I will link the seller that I got off at some point, they have high price for what they are but are on best offer and he accepted a low offer of 3quid off me...

EDIT : Heres link http://stores.ebay.co.uk/alternativeuniverse

Sadly I didn't sculpt it no, and it is in fact from the same model as the robotic arm, a synth model from the urban warfare game, the name escapes me but again I will update.

Aha I do remember it can be called Qi, very handy word in scrabble :P I did some basic breathing techniques related to it, when I was training in martial arts, but not much more than breathing and emptying mind whilst in the martial stances. Good stuff though!

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Shannow

Here are a couple of new WIPs, a dark eldar and a female assassin/eldar assassin she is just about tall enough to be an eldar but as cool as she looks I'd like to use her more often :P

The face needs much work, but will turn out ok I think (going for incubi style mask), and may also add another incubi style combat weapon on his back.

After these two I shall be fiddling with a feral dude with a massive hammer, and then shall be sculpting myself my first mechanicus character, which will be based on my Dark Heresy character (though beefed up and cooler!)

Comments and criticism welcome :)

Rob

Time to die.

Dexter

She is easily one of the coolest 54mm models I've seen!  I don't think it would be hard to pass her off as a human assassin.  Should be pretty easy to pass her off as an assassin for the Mechanicum.  It's a little hard to see the detail of her face, but giving her a fetishist mask would set things off nicely. 
Another idea that is absolutely screaming at me, for some reason she really reminds me of something from Aeon Flux.  The cartoon, not that garbage movie.  Could be a fun hairstyle to sculpt  :)
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Kresten

Good work on both. Especially the first guys hair. Theyre very eldar looking. I feel like the second should have an elongate topknot for some reason, maybe that's just a hairstyle i associate with dark eldar.
"A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn"

Shannow

Thanks for the comments, both are appreciated :) The second figure would just be regular eldar I think though have no idea about back story or anything. Had a brief stab t painting her though not sure so any criticisms would always be good, obviously the weapons aren't painted but I'm not too fussed about them right now :P

Rob

ps apologies for still being a bit wet and being a bit dark, if forgot that my photos have to work by the whim f the sun and it began to disappear :P

Time to die.

Myriad

Very scary looking.  It might just be the dark, but I think the model lacks a bit of contrast at the moment.  I think a bit of lighter detail work could make it a bit more striking.  Like the dark eldar too, he's got a really dynamic pose.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Shannow

It is a bit dark, but after a long hard look I completely agree with you (as usual funnily enough :P), I have added some light blue highlights to the armour and some light grey to the underbody, not sure if its enough but will put pics up when possible :) Have also started the dark eldar, a dark green scheme for him and again pic will appear when possible!

Thanks for comment

Rob

Time to die.

RobSkib

To make him stand out as Eldar, I really think you should paint the helmet a totally contrasting colour, like a bright yellow or red, and have the weapons as a similarly complementary colour to break up the huge expanse of black that covers the model. I think it suffers the same problem as your last all-black model - too much black!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Shannow

That sounds like a really good idea, once I have finished my dark eldar (who was much easier to paint0 I will get right on it! Though again in a meagre defense neither of my all black models actually have an black on them.....its the dark...honest... but really they do look better in real life, I just struggle with knowing what will go well together so its always good to be told :D

Cheers rob!

Rob

Time to die.

Shannow

Mmmmmm Dark Eldar goodness(evilness?)....

I am very pleased with him but more pleased that the sun came out :D

Rob

Time to die.

Kresten

great work on the last guy, I think he's your best paintjob yet. Get yourself some citadel washes, trust me it'll make your painting really come alive, I just got some and its made me jump at least a few levels above my usual skill level!

The only criticism is that half of his face looks abit caved in. Easy fix though.
"A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn"

Shannow

Its supposed to look caved in :P scar face look-esque...ahem.... I use washes usually but didnt feel this one reuired any, other than on his hair and skin. Though may have used a green wash if I had one.

Thank you for the compliment :)

Rob

Time to die.