Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Shannow's WIPs

Started by Shannow, July 15, 2010, 01:24:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shannow

Having finally got round to purchasing some paints and various other bits and bobs, I've got round to painting my models! One is done so far and all the rest have been undercoated in white (as I had some spare), still need to get my bases through the post for most of them and have to get a few more paints as well. Will be popping up conversions as they come also. Hope you like what I've done thus far and be kind I haven't painted since I was 13/14 nearly 7 years ago!!

Also I apologise for the flash, but could see nothing without it sadly (very wet and cloudy here)

First up is my B.A.R.T - Biologically Augmented Reconnaissance Turret (name and fluff are WIPs)

I obviously still need to finish the base (50mm annoyingly) and also need to touch bits up here and there plus any reccomendations if you think something needs doing would be great!

Next up is a couple of group shots

And here some close up of the one I will paint next, though the flash really did a number on it so squint reeaal hard :P

Again sorry about the flash, hopefully will have more luck tomorrow with favourable photography conditions. Would love to hear all comments and critiques :)

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Brother_Brimstone

Some very nice looking models there, my only comment would be about B.A.R.T. The model's aesthetic isn't entirely in keeping with that of standard Imperial tech, but it isn't beyond belief. What I would suggest however, is that you perhaps paint on some Aquillas or other Imperial insignia (or if you don't feel up to painting them you could do what I do and just use transfers!). Doing that, i think, would make it feel a lot more like imperial tech.

Still, looking forward to seeing the rest of them painted - they're a great collection of models (with the sculpts being as good, if not better, than the unconverted ones!), so keep up the good work!

EDIT - Unless i made a wrongful assumption about BART, and he's NOT technology of the Imperium, but if that's the case, and he's being used by Imperial types, some purity seals would definitely be a good addition. Or maybe he's not being used by Imperial types - it's a bit difficult seeing as I don't know any backstory for him.

Shannow

Thanks for the comments! As regards most of these models they aren't going to be working directly for or within the normal imperial channels, I'm constructing a piece of terrain which is a Bar called 'The 6th Circle' and that will be the staging ground for a consortium of bounty hunters and such that are hired by a shadowy figure to do work. The shadowy figure will in fact be Inquisitor Godfrey who I don't ever really intend to model and also more directly employs all the other characters I have.

I am hoping that will let me get away with B.A.R.T from having imperial insignia and also the rest of the bounty hunters too.

Will hopefully have some pictures of 'The 6th Circle' as well when it is more underway than a box....

Rob

EDIT: Will also be posting some backstories for some of them when they are all done and painted :)
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

DapperAnarchist

Where did you get that hood/gas mask/shotgun model?
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

MarcoSkoll

S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

RobSkib

Great stuff, its good to see you finally putting some paint on those sculpts :D

Where did you get the other fellow from? The pointing chap with the long blade...
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

DapperAnarchist

Ah hah! I have a bad habit of never following links...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Shannow

@ DapperAnarchist - I tut in your general direction :P

@ Robskib - He's a large cyborg from Fenryll, though I added the blade to his arm, which came from the front dozer thing on a chimera. He stands about 53mm tall and is crouched, also he has massive hands so is perfectly proportioned for Inquisitor, though I had to do a LOT of filing to get mould lines out of him.

Just put the main colour on him and am off into town to pick up some boltgun metal, chaos black and skull white. Should hopefully have him done by tonight :)

Rob

Time to die.

Myriad

The blade really works on the cyborg, very viscous looking.  Big fan of the stalker model too.  I rather like Bart, but it does seem to be 'non-standard' imperial tech and hence somewhat illicit, but what inquisitor doesn't have a few skeletons (both literal and metaphorical)?  I always try to factor in a few reasons for tension between my characters and various factions.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Shannow

Hopefully it won't be too long before I add fluff for the ones I've painted which will include reasons for BART's appearance which include a crazy professor (because there just aren't enough in the world)! The painted models do include the cyborg but I appear to lack a camera, but hopefully that will be remedied tomorrow!

The stalker model is fantastic, but he is a bit skinny though not a problem; however his hands are bloody tiny! I have added green stuff to mine to bulk them out but still smaller than the norm I think.

And lastly I apologise that this post has no pictures in it, but wanted to explain why updates might be slow to appear sue to camera and my imminent death for its breakage....

Rob

Time to die.

precinctomega

Quotevery viscous looking

Sticky?  ;)

R.

Shannow

Success on camera procurement! Though not as good as the original so pictures are of a lesser quality though I have managed to get half decent natural light..ish

Newly painted Karnegie One-eye:

Apologies for the lower quality, but the camera just wouldn't focus properly, so these are the best of a bad bunch EDIT: Marco's handy guide helped me out muchly (link in one of the lower posts), also I have plenty of touch up work to do on Karnegie so he's not 100% finished!

Group Shots:

And my next project 'The Barman':

Need to undercoat his base and glue him to it before I actually get underway, but all in good time!

Again sorry for the quality drop and hope you still enjoy looking at my viscous.... :P creations

Rob

EDIT: Better pictures are inserted, be kind!

Time to die.

Van Helser

The focus looks better in the group shot - why not try taking photos of the individual models at that distance and then crop them?  You can download Picasa for free, and it'll let you crop and enhance the contrast in the photos.

MarcoSkoll

Has the camera got a macro mode (usually marked with a little flower)?

I wrote a basic guide on model photography here - it might help.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Shannow

Thanks very much for the help, I always wondered what the flower was for! Am uploading the new pictures now and will edit them in the above post once they've finished. Hopefully then you will actually be able to see them properly to comment on them....though I suppose that means you will be able to see the craggy painting more clearly....ho hum!

Rob

Time to die.