Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Battle Brother Arthas WIP

Started by Nevermore2010, July 22, 2010, 04:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ancelyn

Hi Alex, your SM is awesometastic ;D. Great positioning and overall pose. Your GS work is impressive... VERY IMPRESSIVE. The painting is crisp and clean. I look forward to the highlights stage. I, also, wouldn't mind one of these myself. Brilliant work.
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

William Blake

Nevermore2010

Apart from some moss on the base I've finished :) So here he is, Battle Brother Arthas, one of the Fated 5th Company, former member of the Deathwatch. Apart from that he has no backstory and no stats.

any suggestions for my next marine? i'm thinking Alpha marine... not sure tho
Wash: "Psychic, though? That sounds like something out of science fiction."

Zoe:  "We live in a space ship, dear."

Shannow

Lovely stuff :) paint job, colour scheme, pose all really great! I particularly like the green against the red.

For a next project, I've always been a fan of the legions that have very questionable gene seeds, I don't remember their name but one of them grew spiked blades from the back of their elbows and had spined brows, would love to see that modelled!!

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Kallidor

That'd be the Black Dragons I think.  Damn Games Workshop stealing my name, how dare they!! It isn't the most imaginative name so I can't really hold it against them I suppose, tough anyway.

The red seems to have turned out quite nicely and the overall look is pretty good. I especially like the Aquilla, the bone colour looks very cleanly painted.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Gestalt

Pretty bloody amazing. The left (sword) hand seems to be a little disconnected from the forearm. Otherwise, fantastic. The Blood Ravens are a super choice... DOW!!! :P
"All things have sprung from nothing and are borne forward to infinity."
                                   Blaise Pascal

precinctomega

Great job and lovely pose.

I think an Alpha Legion infiltrator would be a good INQ project.

R.

Shannow

Quote from: Kallidor on August 11, 2010, 03:38:28 AM
That'd be the Black Dragons I think. 

Ahhhh thank you very much Kallidor :) Make one of those! Though Alpha legion would also be a great project.

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Nevermore2010

Ok so i think my next project (when funds allow) will be an Alpha Legion marine. Probably in Mk 4 Maximus armour. Alpha Marines are one of the most secrative army choices, if you take the Horus Herasy books as cannon, then they arn't even true chaos marines. They betrayed the Emperor inorder to destroy the forces of Chaos and bring peace to the Galaxy.

Often cited as the only legion to have avoided they perversions of Chaos their armour would be nearly the same as when it was created, with a few alterations to show continued use and maintenance. Maximus armour was hard to maintain but this doesnt mean that it would have been discarded, and should the Alpha's still have manufacturing facilitys hidden about then they could easily keep them running. Fortunatly for me Alpha Marines have so little confirmed background, which gives us the ability to play around with them so much :)
Wash: "Psychic, though? That sounds like something out of science fiction."

Zoe:  "We live in a space ship, dear."