Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Jokaero on behalf of Rackham?

Started by Heroka Vendile, July 23, 2010, 06:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heroka Vendile

Rackham have a major sale on all their AT-43 stuff, some Therian stuff is interesting for weird mechanicals, but the Karmans are pretty much perfect for classic 40k alien race, the Jokaero.

personally I think the Yetis and Anakongas have the best potential from the Karman range.

EDIT:
The plastic Wolfen*, as well as pretty much everything on their online store is discounted 30, 50, or 70%, most of it 70% - far cheaper than any of the independent retailers offer the models.

*anyone remember that long discussion back on the SG green conclave about using the old metal Wolfen as Tarellian Dog-soldiers?
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Shannow

Great find, but after adding a therian unit I've been after for ages for conversion in my cart, the shipping was 25 euros! which makes it more expensive than buying from independent retailers :(

If anyone is putting a large order in would they mind me piggy backing with 1 0r 2 items and paying some of the postage? Would be able to pay money to you through paypal if you have it.

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

horuswaspretty

Is it just the AT-43 models that are suitable for inquisitor or would the Confrontation stuff work to? There are some nice looking models, would consider getting some if they are all compatible with 54mm.

Heroka Vendile

both ranges are 28mm, but the Karmans have enough bulk (they're on 40mm bases) to work in inquisitor, tho they are a bit shorter than most INQ humans, but these guys are aliens, so who cares?

I may be putting in an order, PM me what you're after and I'll get back to you if I decide to go ahead.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

greenstuff_gav

Rogue at Chaos Genesis does Rackham; maybe worth an emial as he takes orders + is cheaper'n Rackham themselves :D
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

O_o

if  anyone dose  buy this stuff I am  looking for the cargo containers  that  you get  in some  sets

precinctomega

Not sure I see them as Jokaero.  Those aliens are supposed to build technology in an instinctive, reactive fashion.  Making armour and environment suits doesn't really say "jokaero" to me.

R.

Shannow

I agree that they might not represent indigenous Jokaero types but I assume they are the equivalent of wandering Eldar who for variou reasons and ways of life would dress differently.

From what I've read they're a fairly isolate species so if one is wandering into the world of Inquistor I guess he's a bit odd :P

Actually how would they fit into Inquisitor? Can't think of anything off the top of my head, but my knowledge is very limited.

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Myriad

Well, due to their innate technological ability they are of enormous potential value to an inquisitor, although the inability to communicate is a bit of an issue.  I guess you could see an inquisitor assigning someone to follow them, salvaging stuff.

I see Jokaero as a bit more cute and cuddly than these guys, but I guess if circumstances merited it they might build environment suits.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Heroka Vendile

Indeed, I was thinking along the lines of a roaming Jokaero that had found itself in the employ of an Inquisitor, Rogue trader or unscrupulous AdMech/DarkMech.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: Myriad on July 24, 2010, 05:47:19 PM
I see Jokaero as a bit more cute and cuddly than these guys,

thinking about it, weren't Jokaero based on Orangutan while Karman are Gorilla?
also, as i recall Jokaero spacecraft looked like soap bubbles?

with the Karman styling, they would fit in a crew that tolerates Xenos;

The planet of Tau'Gwa-unshii was an outflung part of The Tau Empire; a small cadre of Fire Warriors along with a research station of Earth Caste workers and engineers.
Close to the settlement was a lush jungle, out of place on the sandy deserts, inhabited by a pack of Jokaero.
Having no method of communication, the Tau were originally wary of the ape-like beings.
Soon enough, the Tau had observed the Jokaeros' complicated mechanical works and began almost a trade system with the placid creatures; the Tau leaving interesting tech and taking useful equipment the Jokaero built.

When the righteous Imperial Fleet took the system back, butching all the Tau, the Jokaero had somehow known of the impending invasion and set up a jumpgate to another world. One Jokaero had stayed behind to operate and destroy the gate, utilising scavenged Tau armour to fashion a remarkable bodysuit capable of surviving the cold vacuum of space and the incredible pressure and temperature of leaving the atmosphere, yet appearing barely thicker than leather.

This Jokaero left his homeworld attached to the outside of an Imperial Shuttle, utilising a small propulsion unit to travel away from the fleet.
The Jokaero was encountered by *INSERT CHARACTER HERE*, pulling the malnourished Xenos into his private ship and nursing it back to health.
While, once again, communication was an issue, *CHARACTER* found he was able to placate the Jokaero by giving it full run of one of the smaller cargo holds; delivering piles of scrap and broken tech, the Jokaero seemed content in repair work and creating some unusual items.

Sometimes, when *CHARACTER* is on a mission, he find the Jokaero will tag along, unfazed by *CHARACTER*s' attempts to dissuade it.
The Jokaero seems not to be worried about the inevitable firefights, calmly tasting things and often dragging off whole pieces of machinery back to its nest and creating another fantastic piece of equipment

Build Your Imagination

Shannow

Very good, sounds like it should be in the rulebook! Makes me want to model one now,,,, certainly allows for the inclusion of interesting tech if you do have a Jokaero on board.

Time to die.

Brother_Brimstone

Does anyone have any idea of the size of the Confrontation 'Aberration Prime' model? Would it do for an Inquisitor scale Hormagaunt?

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: Brother_Brimstone on July 25, 2010, 02:15:25 PM
Does anyone have any idea of the size of the Confrontation 'Aberration Prime' model? Would it do for an Inquisitor scale Hormagaunt?

metal one should be fine with alot of work. the plastic Aberration Prime is massive tho; i'll get a photo tonight :)
for any 'gaunt genus, i'd stick to the plastic Tyranid Warriors
on a side note; the Wolfen are a bit small for inquisitor but can be a good starting point :)

EDIT: Big-ass pic! click for bigger!

Left to right: Ginfritter's Girl with Hamster-Gun, Rackham Wolfen Vestal, Wolfen Predator Of Blood, Covenant w' Eisenhorn's torso, Wolfen Worg, Tyrus (converted. height is the important bit!)
Underneath you can see the Abberation Prime in its box; the back of the torso is the same height as covenants' legs! the metal one was alot smaller, i'll see if i can find someone who can get a scale shot for me :)
/EDIT

Did anyone save the discussion on Dog-Soldiers? i remember a really good idea that their psyonics were sound based; their "shamans" could affect the warp with a howl, use the sounds for telekenesis / tele-empathy (the right pitch pouring fear into their opponents) and so on :)

Build Your Imagination

kierkegaard

The Karmans are interesting in their own way, but they certainly don't make me think of Jokaero.