Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

So, I just won a Bodyguard on eBay

Started by Tullio, August 13, 2009, 07:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tullio

I just managed to win an unassembled Bodyguard on eBay, and I'm not really sure what I want to do with it. I'm tempted to turn him into a naval officer of some kind, maybe a Blackship captain. Any suggestions?

Tullio

Hadriel Caine

DAMNIT! I totally forgot to bid on this oh man. stupid being a taxi for my dad...

Naval officer is a cool idea but maybe a bit vanilla. this model is so rare it deserves something else I think. not sure what though (well I have one idea but thats for when I get hold of one... :D )

The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Kaled

I agree with Adam - just using him as some sort of navy character would be a little obvious.  I'd be tempted to use his torso and legs for different models.  For example, his torso looks like it could go quite well with Eisenhorn's legs, or maybe Black's or Covenant's.

Alternatively, while it's obviously a military uniform, it's not distinctly naval in appearance, so he could be an IG or PDF officer, or perhaps a Judge or Imperial Governor.

Actually, he could look very cool as a uniformed tech-priest.  Make him a member of the Magos-Militant and give him plenty of bionics, some mechadendrites and a weird gun mounted on a servo-arm.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Sumaki

yeah, i was going to bid on that too, stupid work for letting me out late.... perhaps i should work on the stuff i already have?   :-\

Hadriel Caine

Quote from: Sumaki on August 13, 2009, 11:29:08 PM
perhaps i should work on the stuff i already have?   :-\

so painfully true.
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Ynek

Ah, so it was YOU who outbid me!
Well, congratulations, man. The better wallet won. I guess you just wanted it more. :)
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."

Simeon Blackstar

Looks like at least two other people thought the Bodyguard torso would go well with Covenant's legs:  http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320407891494&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Who else bid on that then?  And who would have won if they'd put in £20.01 rather than £20.00 3 seconds before the deadline?   ;D
Sorry if that sounds smug, it's just nice that I wasn't sniped because I was being (increasingly irritably) called for dinner with a few minutes to go.  ;)

Tullio

Thanks for the ideas, on second thoughts a naval character would be a bit obvious. I'm going to have to do a bit of experimenting with Blu-Tack I think! I am wondering whether I could get away with putting the torso onto Sergeant Black's legs, maybe with a cloak to make him look more like an arrogant fop.

@ Ynek - Oh, so it was you I was battling against? My collection of 54mm stuff is painfully small right about now so I guess I got stubborn about this one!

Tullio

kierkegaard

(Sorry if this shows up as a double post, if so please delete the extra copy.)

I don't want to blow my own trumpet, but I can confirm that the Bodyguard torso works with

Major Jaxon' legs

Eisenhorn's legs

Kal Jerico' legs

and Covenant's legs

I hope that this is helpful to you. I look forward to seeing what you do with your Bodyguard model.

Tullio

It's useful indeed, thank you. With any luck I'll be able to start work on it before too long

Tullio