Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Q'orl and Human Communication

Started by Elva, July 26, 2010, 08:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elva

I'm thinking of adding a Q'orl to my warband, a tricky idea to justify since they communicate chemically, or so it was assumed...

However I have an idea, that still follows those guidelines. Basically my character has a habit of smoking a pipe(or its 40k equivilant), I was thinking that when she stumbled upon a group of the Xenos, the smoke from her pipe would have a similar effect to a peaceful greeting. There, she would have figured out their runic language(its been done) after some study, and been able to communicate through it. After, they come to an agreement(possibly involving the ruins that I'm planning on them meeting in), though the details need to be worked out.

Does this sound too far fetched? If so, is the idea salvageable?
"Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition!!"

Elva

Just a quick reference in case you don't have the Book of Xenology or know what I'm ranting on about, http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Q%27orl . It sums up everything that you really need to know.
"Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition!!"

Lucidum

I think that idea is somewhat believable. Q'orl communicate via pheromonal signatures from what I read. I'd say if your inquisitor is Ordo Xenos and has some scummy underworld contacts (the same kind of folk who trade with Enoullians and whatnot) she'd be able to acquire some black market pheromones and load them into a stimm injector so that she could communicate with the Q'orl. I think the pipe (like....a lho stick variant or something in 40K) might be a tad far fetched, but not so much as to be unbelievable in the Warhammer 40,000 universe. Hell...if a god-emperor of mankind can exist as a corpse on a golden throne who's sacrificed a thousand psykers a day and also maintains an extra-sensory entity of himself in the warp can exist in serious fiction; I think it's perfectly reasonable that your inquisitor can smoke a pipe that incidentally has an effect on an alien species. :3