Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Forgeworld Ork Kommando Conversion Kit - Updated With Scale Pics

Started by Van Helser, July 16, 2010, 05:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van Helser

Forgeworld are about to release a conversion kit for creating Ork Kommandos.  I think the gasmasks have fantastic Inquisitor potential and I will probably be ordering a set.  I'll let you all know how they measure up.  The backpacks don't look too shabby either.

Ruaridh

Brother_Brimstone

That's brilliant! I've always wanted to make a group of cultist followers of Sarthuul, who wear gas masks because he does (and imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!). My problem has been finding the gas masks but if those scale up that would be great.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Van Helser

Received the conversion pack yesterday and have white-tacked a couple of the heads and a backpack to some spare torsos and a couple of aborted projects to give an idea of size.

As can be seen, the gasmask heads are just about spot on in terms of size, and if anything are a little on the big side!  They'll need some work on the back of them to fill in the hole where the ork necks would usually go, but that shouldn't be too much of an issue.  The backpacks are pretty much perfect in terms of scale too, and the Nob torso (on the far right of the sprues) could be changed into a mutie with very little effort.  All in all, I'm very happy with my purchase. 

Now, just to find some time to actually do something with them!

Ruaridh 

RobSkib

Amazing! It makes me want to get some, but I don't really have the money  :(

Do you only get the six heads, or do you get another sprue of them?
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Van Helser

Unfortunately, it's just the six in the photo there. At £15 a set it's pretty darn expensive. Stupid irresistible Forgeworld bitz!

Robert_the_damned

Saw those on the FW news letter and went 'ooo'. Would probably make for some good Admech bits, perhaps I'll have to make some Skitarii  ;D When I win the lottery that is!

Cheers for posting those size comparisons Ruaridh, they look about right to me, for crude bulky gasmasks anyway.

Hadriel Caine

The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

RobSkib

Dammit, if there was another sprue of six heads, I'd sa that this pack was worth it, or I'd ask to trade a couple of them, but with only six heads in the pack, I don't know if I can fork out £15 for some cool heads and some awesome backpacks :(
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.