Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Da Hab block

Started by gwrulz, July 27, 2010, 04:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwrulz

So, I'm working on this table for Inquisitor and I'd like some input from veteran Inquisitor gamers.

What is the size of table that "feels" right?  I am leaning towards a 4x4 table that has 2 good playable levels and a few higher levels such as "the water tower".  What is too big?
Looking a Space Marine Helmet? I may have one!

Kaled

My table is 4'x4' and that's plenty large enough for gaming, even with most of it being a single level.  It would be useful, if you have the space, to make the table a touch larger so you have 4'x4' for gaming plus some space at the edges to spread out character sheets etc.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Zakkeg

If you've got the means (and really, it's not that difficult), I'd recommend making several 2x4 boards that can be bolted together from beneath, like with a couple of those slidey... lockey... hrm. My vocabulary seems to have failed me, but I'm referring to the bolted locks you can attach to doors that can only be opened from the inside. Feth, what are they called? Anyway. If you do this, they become immensely easier to store and transport, and you can make your board as long or short as you need to.

It works best with an industrial/interior design, as you can make the joins nearly invisible by having them coincide with the gaps in the plating (or whatever). So for this particular project it should be just the ticket.
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper; only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.