Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Quick modelling question...

Started by Okona, August 14, 2010, 10:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okona

Greetings all,

Just a quick modelling question for you: So I'm currently building a Navigator out of Scarn (finally got my hands on him, thank you eBay you beauty!), and I need to make a staff to fit his right hand. The hand in question is an old plastic Skaven hand (the only one I could find in my bits box to match his other hand). I was thinking something like brass tubing might be suitable, but I'm clueless as to what thickness. Anyone have any experience in these matters? Or failing that, a better idea of what I might use for his staff and/or hand?

Cheers!

Kresten

id say plastic rod is the way to go, cheap and easy to manipulate.

try looking at the sticky at the top of the p&m section for some good sites.
"A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn"

Kallidor

Depending on where you live you might find Evergreen products or similar plasticard products in local hobby shops, I'd recommend getting a bag with a selection of tubing. Off the top of my head 3mm or maybe even 2mm might be a decent size. If you know where to buy the rod from, take the hand with you and try against the various sizes just to make sure or more simpler measure the size of any weapons held by skaven which you might have lying around and just use that thickness.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Okona

Cheers fellas. I was thinking of plastic tubing too in fact, but I thought it might not stand up to the rigours of gaming quite so well... is that not a problem then? Is it tougher than GW grey plastic? (I made a prototype staff from lengths of spear, but it's a tad too flexible).