Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Warmenhoven's Warband (models)

Started by Warmenhoven, July 27, 2010, 10:56:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hadriel Caine

lovely work, you have a very clean painting style and the conversions look natural and unforced (which is always a good thing).

Could I suggest a couple of grimdarkening changes?

on the Maximus model you have done a great job in terms of posing and attitude with the paint job and weapon swap. I would suggest that a bionic eye might detract from his overall 'feel'. the obvious things to change is to give him some nice Gothic face kicking boots rather than his flimsy Roman ones and to change his hair style. Simple enough really!

Archie looks perfect to me. Not a lot to do here except maybe some knee pads (see Kierkegaards scout thread- try baneblade commander shoulders pads?)

Kilpatrick works very well, I dont think he should work per se but he is an excellently posed model with a fair few sci-fi parts and a lovely paint job.

Bartholemew is cool. I like his pose and am wandering (pun intended) when we will be seeing the rest of the model the shield is taken from... :P

MaceJunas is coming along nicely too (seems I am a fan of your work) but I would say that the knife doesnt look natural in his hand (usually an issue with GW accessories I find). have a think about it before you progress much further with the painting i'd saY!

hardly seems right for me to be welcoming you since I am such an absentee here these days but WELCOME anyway, I am looking forwards to seeing more!

Adam
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

RobSkib

Quote from: Adam Cunis on August 03, 2010, 12:45:54 PM
Bartholemew is cool. I like his pose and am wandering (pun intended) when we will be seeing the rest of the model the shield is taken from... :P

Aha! I see what you did there! Yup, Falkar has been put together, but for a different warband owned by a different player. I doubt he'll ever sign up to the 'clave, so I'll probably just take pictures of his cool models and post them up here!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Warmenhoven

I've done some more work now, griz is finished (left him holding the knife tho), barty is almost doen and i've decided to finish with jacob for now till i get some knee pads or stumble on any other bits (i like the idea of a boot knife).

I like the idea of giving Caleco some nice big boots but i'll probably wait a bit till i'm more comfortable with greenstuff.

Thanks guys for the coments and keep them coming, i'm always open to more sugestions. New pics will probably be up tomorrow =]