Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Help sculpting legs/trousers

Started by horuswaspretty, August 03, 2010, 11:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horuswaspretty

I needed a set of legs for a character I am currently working on and didnt have anything that would work so decided to try and sculpt my own. I am using procreate to do this. I made a good start but ran into some problems. I got the basic shape done ok, they were positioned ok, and looked like legs, but then I started to add some folds/creases in the material. This didnt go well. A couple of them looked ok but I just couldt make them look like trousers. Can anyone offer any suggestions or possibly a turorial that may help? Thanks.

Rayner

There's a nice selection of links to guide in the 54mm models and modelling resources topic But here's the link to the most appropriate one, Sculpting cloth and armor.

horuswaspretty

@Backyardpatrol: Thanks for the link to the book, but its more how to sculpt them rather than where to put them. Still, looks like a useful one, may have to invest in it one day.

@Rayner: I think that tutorial simplifies it a bit too much for me. What he describes is pretty much what I tried to do, it just didnt seem to work. Maybe its just me and im not destined to sculpt my own models.

Rayner

Quote@Rayner: I think that tutorial simplifies it a bit too much for me. What he describes is pretty much what I tried to do, it just didnt seem to work. Maybe its just me and im not destined to sculpt my own models.

I found this useful to teach me the basics, then its just practise. Don't be disheartened if you are not happy with your first couple of tries. I tend to cut away the sculpted parts that I'm not happy with and carry on :)

Kaled

Sounds like you just need practice - my first attempts were far from perfect, but I found that I improved quickly as I did more and more.  Keep at it and I'm sure you'll see an improvement.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

horuswaspretty

I will keep trying, not sure when ill next have time but ill give it another go. Will also take some pictures this time  :)