Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Ascension

Started by Easy E, August 10, 2010, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Easy E

So, I happened to get several DH books at a local seller of discount books.  The only one that seems to have eluded me was Ascension. 

With that in mind, should I spend the time and money to hunt it down?  What are your thoughts on the book? 

^Cheapskate^

Molotov

It's not an easy question to answer without asking a few questions.

What do you want with it? If you're after it from a background perspective (like I was) it's useful. If you're playing games of Dark Heresy, it's interesting in that it dramatically increases the power level of the game. Ascension is perhaps the closest to Inquisitor in that you can now actually play an Inquisitor and his closest associates, rather than a cell of Inquisitorial agents. It means that the power level (and influence) of your opponents has also been given an increase. There's some really very interesting stuff in the Ascension book, but it depends on your tastes. I think it's definitely worth trying to get hold of it, though!
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega