Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

After Hours: Take Two

Started by Koval, August 01, 2009, 09:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koval

You know, it's gonna create a massive plot hole whether or not I put profiles up for Alice, Friedrich, and Kalle. This really is a Catch-22, Marco...

I can put up a profile for my shadowy little creation, M, if you like, unless that'll also create plot holes and spoilery.

By the way, after all this putting-up of stuff, you're going to hate me again, because I've still not settled in properly. So this is going back on hold, and my two projects on 40KOnline have also gone on hold, so I'm only concentrating on the least intellectually demanding of my projects so that I don't go off the boil entirely while I settle in (and no offense to Tony*, but that's Deathwatch Reborn)

*Clarifier: my two projects on 40KO are another Deathwatch story, which has vampires in it and is from the point-of-view of an Inquisitor who's doing his best to keep himself even more enigmatic than the vampires, and a mind-bender of a Mechanicus story that involves cloning, and the protagonist is a Magos who died several millennia before the story's set. It's sufficiently bonkers to automatically be ahead of everything else I'm doing, on an intellectual level, making After Hours a close second (although it doesn't help that I've forgotten half of my own plot twists!)

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Koval on October 05, 2009, 06:38:11 PMYou know, it's gonna create a massive plot hole whether or not I put profiles up for Alice, Friedrich, and Kalle.
I'm not saying that you need to. I'd remembered that the profiles I used before were linked out to other topics, which obviously no longer exist, so I simply dumped basic details - appearance, personality, skills and equipment.

Most of it's simply the kind of things you could tell by looking at or being around them, or the kind of thing that's not obvious, but stops someone else writing something that doesn't really make sense.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Necris

deathwatch is a no brainer really
go here do that make it as flash as possible
repeat
repeat
job done
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

MarcoSkoll

It's been another couple of months, so I figured I'd just inquisitively poke at this thread.

Not trying to force anything or rush you, but I've realised that I'm rather missing the RPing. I've got stories I'm scrawling up to do by myself, but it's not quite the same as something done with others.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

My brain's working overtime as it is and I've got two stories on the go over on 40KO, and my Deathwatch Reborn post quality is (as a result) minimal. In a cruel twist of fate my own shorter stories, which I hadn't thought I'd be able to muster the brainpower for only two months ago, are now storming ahead.

Well, my Mechanicus one isn't, but that's mostly a result of being unable to think of a reason why a Mechanicus tribunal would ever *not* be infallible in their internal policing. In the case I'm taking apart, they covered all their bases extremely thoroughly. Granted, I have now found something after a long time thinking about it, but the point stands.

Point being, it is unlikely this will get much further than Dark Heresy at this stage, although I'll definitely come back to this as soon as I finish my Mechanicus story, and the Deathwatch/vampire thing which I know Sargoth, if nobody else, absolutely despises just on the basis of the V-word being an automatic indicator that the story is incredibly silly.

MarcoSkoll

Okay, I can perfectly understand that.

I'm working on some possible solo narratives anyway, so I suppose I'll get working on those.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Hello again. I've been very well behaved and not poked at this thread for nearly 8 months, but I've finally let my avidity get the better of me.

Don't feel pressured in the slightest - I wouldn't want to push you into this unless you're ready, but if you can give some kind of approximate timescale, it would be very much appreciated. The thing is, I don't read 40KO (I already read far too many forums!), so I haven't the foggiest how close you may or may not be to finishing the other stories you mentioned. :-\

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Well, if I'm honest, I plan -- eventually -- to rewrite the whole thing and work it into an entirely different project (while maintaining the same basic ideas), but it's been dead for a while and it's passed the point where I'd actually want to revive it in its current form.

My most profound apologies, but when I come to rewrite it in its new form I'll make sure you get the first look in.