Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

More Machine Than Man

Started by Saussure, August 12, 2010, 05:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saussure

Revered brothers!

Dark Magenta has released another article via the data-streams of the info-link - Dave Knowles' expertly-finished He's More Machine Than Man which, as you may have guessed, is an examination of the acolytes of the Machine God of Mars. As always with Dave's work, it's accompanied by sumptuous models, which are worth a look in-and-of-themselves.

The data-vaults of everyone's favourite online Inquisitor publication are now starting to look decidedly empty, so we're once again appealing for fans to put finger to keyboard and share with us their modelling, gaming and background expertise. Please feel free to contact me via a PM if you'd like to discuss suitable material for publication!

Enjoy the article, one and all!

D.

Herodotus Benedict Saussure
Ordo Hereticus Terran
Forum Moderator

Kaled

Feedback on this one would be appreciated - most of the rules have been playtested in one way or another, but it's likely that there are still bugs or combinations of things that don't work as expected. I'd love to see how people use these rules, whether it be for a new character or a rewrite of an existing one.

Also, I have a few ideas for a follow-up article of Mechanicus archetypes, equipment and skills but I have no time to write it myself (I also realise I'd promised to get things to more than one person on here and have so far failed to deliver - things have been incredibly hectic recently and I haven't had much time for Inquisitor so I can only apologise). So if anyone is interested in writing such an article (with some input from me) then let me know.

- Dave
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Ferran

Skim read for the moment, looks good. A new model would have been a nice treat for those of us familiar with the examples presented, of course recent constraints noted above prevent such a bonus.

Anyone up for a "tale of four warbands"? Structured buildalong encompassing P&M, fluff, rules components, possibly culminating in batrep.

greenstuff_gav

i must admit, i skim read it (you know me and rules  :-[ ) but looked great  8)
and any excuse to see your minis all in one place gets my vote  ;D

Quote from: Ferran on August 13, 2010, 06:58:49 PM
Anyone up for a "tale of four warbands"? Structured buildalong encompassing P&M, fluff, rules components, possibly culminating in batrep.

i'm game  ;D
maybe organise a meet-up at WHW on a Random Saturday© for the aforementioned bat-rep?
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Molotov

Skim read for the moment, looks good. A new model would have been a nice treat for those of us familiar with the examples presented, of course recent constraints noted above prevent such a bonus.

Definitely would be interested!
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Kresten

Quote from: Molotov on August 13, 2010, 09:45:38 PM

definitely, I'm in the middle fo creating a new warband atm
"A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn"

Shannow

Fantastic article! And just at the right time as I make a 54mm INQ model to match my character for PO's Dark Heresy campaign :)
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Charax

Hmm.... Pending further details I could be persuaded to join in a Tale of X gamers style event.
(No longer} The guy with his name at the bottom of the page

Kresten

Forgot to say earlier, but the article is really well done. The level of detail provided really helps to show the variety within the Mechanicus rather than just the red robe and bionics image that comes directly to mind.

Good job, makes me want to do some Admech guys now.... hmmm
"A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn"

Macabre

Yes, but Charax, that would actually require you to turn up to meets and play games :p
++Believe the lie. Trust no one++