Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Ramshackle Games

Started by Van Helser, August 14, 2010, 02:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van Helser

Hello all

I ran out of ProCreate the other day, but after finding that Heresy had sold out of the stuff, I had to find another source, and came across Ramshackle Games.  Got my ProCreate at a reasonable price, and had a look around their site. 

I was pleasantly surprised to find that there are some very interesting vehicles and terrain pieces available for their game Nuclear Resistance, which is a post-apocalyptic wargame, with some heavy steampunk elements.  It's a 28mm game, but I reckon that some of the vehicles would fit into 54mm with little trouble.  My particular favourite has to be the Huntsman Spider Tank, a crazy steam powered eight-legged walker (plus a scale shot with a 28mm figure).  There's also the Clunk Walker which could be a great base for a Praetorian.  Even the simple Truckapillar would fit at 54mm with a little bit of bodging.  The  prices are ridiculously good as well: the Huntsman is £30, but the Clunk Walker is £5, and the Truckapillar is £8.

One final piece of awesome on this site is that there are hundreds of separate components available for scratch-building and modifying vehicles and terrain.  Here's a boiler/storage tankHere's a sentry gunTracks for your servitor and an engine block to power it.  The parts also seem to go well with Games Workshop kits like the Ork Trukk.

Well worth checking out folks

Ruaridh

Easy E

Thanks for sharing.  I love the Truckapillar!

Are these resin?  I only glanced at teh site, but am not sure. 
^Cheapskate^

Radu Lykan

some good stuff on there, if only i had a bit more cash at the moment then the iron coffin would be turned into a wheeled praetorian with a really big scary gun

DapperAnarchist

Truckapilla would be idea as one of those Mules that drag canal boats or airplanes around the place...

The Spider Tank though just makes me think "Wicki-Wicki-Wild Wild West!"
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

gwrulz

Looking a Space Marine Helmet? I may have one!

Flinty

Well done that man - looks to be mostly resin on the bits front, Ive placed an order for some tracks, industrial stuff, and who could resist that walker for a fiver?

I shall try and post some comparison shots when it arrives.
Neanderthal and Proud!

Van Helser

Yep, all the bits are resin. Should make converting easy.

Let us know how all the parts look in the flesh Flinty. I'm especially eager to see how the walker measures up.

Ruaridh

Flinty

Just recieved the bits I ordered from Ramshackle - its described as a ''micro company'' so the order was slightly delayed (two weeks from order to arrival) as the guy was possibly on holiday or something. Alternatively I've just forgotten what normal mail order turnarounds are.

Arrived well packaged, it looks to my unpracticed eye as though the resin (bit of noticable odour) is cast in open moulds. There is a fair bit of flash and some parts have a few bubbles or poorly defined detail - but nothing a little attention with some greenstuff or other filler won't cure.

First up a couple of engine blocks and a tube/chimmney type thing - along with a headless Preacher Joseph for scale

I did order some flat 'panels' as scenery or basing details, and they are cast crisply. The two guns were included as freebies - the flash is fairly minimal and easily trimmable with a knife.

Finally the Walker legs and upper part of the cab. The legs are the ''fuzziest'' of the parts supplied, but again easily remedied with some minimal modelling time. There were a number of parts which presumably form the undercarridge/connections to the legs. What's what Im sure should become clear when I check the picture on the website.

I also ordered some tracks, but forgot to photograph them - they are fine, a little flat in that the cast has minimal depth of interest, ie all the detail is at the ''front'' but they certainly look the part.

All in all, Im happy with everything; the prices are stupid cheap and the range of bits wide enough to add interest to any Inquisitor modelling project.
Neanderthal and Proud!