Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Finished work and WIP

Started by Kresten, August 14, 2010, 06:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shannow

Disaster Area anyone........
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

MarcoSkoll

S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Shannow

Funnily enough, you did come to my mind Marco :P
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Kresten

"A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn"

DapperAnarchist

Disaster Area - loudest rock band in the galaxy, considered a weapon of mass destruction. Best listened to from at least the next system over...

It should be noted that this is from Hitchhiker's Guide, not 40K. But I think Necromunda makes reference to Slam Music or something, and of course there is Goffik Rokk.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Necris

In the Eisenhorn trilogy he is present at a Thrash Concert in which the main bandd members are IRC Ogryns 
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Kresten

Quote from: Necris on August 16, 2010, 10:40:01 PM
In the Eisenhorn trilogy he is present at a Thrash Concert in which the main bandd members are IRC Ogryns 

Horus tried to kill the metal....... but the metal will live ooooooooon

Dexter

Quote from: Kresten on August 16, 2010, 04:37:40 PM
@ Dexter yeh he definitely looks like a 40k metal head with his hair, arms and hammer, and maybe he is, surely they have heavy music in the 41st millenium?
More pictures coming soon...

I haven't talked to a Games Workshop employee yet that hasn't felt that death metal is the official soundtrack of the 41st millennium.  Sometimes the stores have some sort of crappy classical/techno mix going on, but I think they're just trying to sound futuristic.  Metal captures the mood.

Consequently, you may have inspired me to build a Glenn Danzig.
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Shannow

Quote from: Dexter on August 16, 2010, 11:16:08 PM
Sometimes the stores have some sort of crappy classical/techno mix going on, but I think they're just trying to sound futuristic.  Metal captures the mood.

Interesting, I've always felt classical pieces, such as danse macabre and moonlight sonata capture the darkness of the imperial battlefield against darkness and especially the dark shadowy world of inquisitor.

But each to his own :) and being a big misfits fan, I do so approve of a danzig model :P

Rob

Time to die.

Dexter

Yeah the classical pieces do okay capturing the mood of Inquisitor, but they don't do justice for a WAAAGH of Orks or a warband of World Eaters tearing across a battle field with the intent of murdering everyone that isn't them (and possible a few that are).

REALLY looking forward to seeing the updated Inquisitor piece :)
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Kresten

Ok so Im in the middle of painting Arx at the moment and im taking my time with it to try and do as best a job I can on him so in between I made another photo account for my other WIPS. C+C and suggestions welcome.

First off Marine Malevolent in Mk6 Corvus pattern armour

Genestealer Cultist

And a psyker, who has no background or anything, or a staff, so any suggestions on who he could be or what to put in his hand would be welcome

Swarbie

I'm loving the marine so far. Looks exactly like he's been stranded on his own for a long while, being forced to make his own weapons and repairs to his armour.

As for the psyker, you could give him a wand of some kind. I may or may not have suggested that because something about him reminds me of Dumbledore . . .
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

Shannow

I vote for severed head :D its what everyone wants for christmas....

I will also echo the comments on the marine, excellent work done there and the studs look fantastic, nice to read the technique in another thread then see in action.

Is there a whole cult being built with the genestealer btw?

Rob

Time to die.

Kresten

Quote from: Swarbie on August 22, 2010, 08:47:11 AM
I'm loving the marine so far. Looks exactly like he's been stranded on his own for a long while, being forced to make his own weapons and repairs to his armour.

That's exactly what I was going for. A good way to power him down a bit. Also as a Marine Malevolent, who're basically just 8ft tall pirates, I dont think they'd be overly upset about a brother being left behind or really try to find him. Theyre so utilitarian that they probably wouldnt waste the fuel.

@Shannow I've got another cultists head and arm so I may do so in the near future. I got really into the idea of making one then for some reason the fire went out. I've got the genestealer which I was painstakingly slogging on with painting until I knocked him over and he smashed into itty bitty pieces... I dont know why but I've never liked painting monsters and things like that. Ive still got a load of giant spiders I made as NPC gribblys that have not seen a lick of paint...

Anyway thanks for the comments, nice to have your work appreciated! I've got a project plan which goes like this...

1. Finish painting Arx
2. Do his feral buddy (Itashnah)
3. Paint Marine
4. Build an arvus lighter or if I can somehow manage it, an Aquila lander
5. do the happy dance once Ive done these
6. Build a Solar priest as another companion for Arx
7. maybe start on the genestealer/cultist and psyker if i havent been distracted by other ideas by then!

So lots to be getting on with!

Shannow

Quote from: Kresten on August 22, 2010, 04:20:30 PM
I got really into the idea of making one then for some reason the fire went out.

I know what you mean, I have that at the moment, some great ideas but lacking drive really :(

However I look forward to seeing your plans for work progress and I demand a picture of this happy dance :P

Rob

Time to die.