Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Finished work and WIP

Started by Kresten, August 14, 2010, 06:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kresten

Hello, these are my miniatures, unfortunately I'm over my monthly limit of photos on Flickr, so havent put up pictures of my Corvus Marine, Psyker or Gene S. Cultist. Something to look forward to!

Comments welcome. I know the photos arent great, need to use harder light, but I think they're ok. I've got full backgrounds for Morseccio and almost Arx, so will be posting those soon. Hope you enjoy!

Rogue Trader Kresten Morseccio

and his servo-skull, a nasty fate for an old rival

Commander Lumas Szeren, void-born death cultist and Morseccio's bodyguard

Dr. Uldous Blume, heretek and Chief Scientist

I added the necron tech before reading the fluff about phasing out... I think it looks really good so I'm keeping it, but if anyone wants to offer some suggestions as to how he's managed to keep it, feel free

Midshipman Dino Vawn, veteran sergeant, brought along on expeditions as extra muscle

Anarinar, leader of the Star Spider Corsairs, has a vendetta against Morseccio

his hand broke off and while i fixed it, havent smoothed it over yet

His brother, Furinar, also a ranking member of the Star Spider Corsairs

my personal favourite, Inquisitor Aerxes Arx of the venerable Ordo Malleus, still got some long hair and an arm to come

going to have a chain linking his hammer and backpack

his other arm and autogun, went through loads of alternatives for the gun, and for those who say an autogun is too much, I say at least it's not a combi-bolter flamer like it was going to be! Very inspired by the ebay mini Adam Cunis put up, led me to using nob arms on this guy

Arx's companion, a feral gunslinger, his other arm has been left off to make painting easier, and looks exactly like the other

"A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn"

Dexter

Oh man, when I saw the first image my jaw dropped.  These are amazing!  I personally never liked the 54mm scale, and never had any desire to do models of my own in that scale, but you've provided something that may sway me a bit.  I love the style of these guys.  It's almost steampunk, but not quite, and that really sets the apart.  The rogue trader is my favorite, and I can't wait to see what Inquisitor Arx is going to look like when he's finished.  With a mustache like that, you can't go too far wrong. 
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Shannow

I would say your namesake is also a fantastic model, myself being a steampunk fan! Aside though, all the paintjob are absolutely fantastic, the palette of colours very much to my taste!.

Only criticism I have is that Furinar seems to me leaning back a bit on his base, but may just be the pic and my dodgy eyes :)

Look forward to seeing the rest painted as weel!

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Heroka Vendile

some extremely nice stuff there, great work  :)
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Kresten

Thanks very much guys! Really good to hear.

@Shannow yeh i gues he is a bit far back. It's weird you can only really notice it from that angle. But both he and Anarinar are a few years old and have suffered greatly in house movings, so there are some issues with them. Ill get round to sorting them out one day.

@Dexter thanks mate! Really appreciate your words there. 54mm is great, you can do so much with the scale. I've been heavily influened by Blanche recently and wanted to make them kind of bizarre, I think 40k is pretty much medievalpunk, or like the man himself says punk fantasy. I've done the hair on Arx now and he looks like the frontman from motorhead now!

@Heroka thanks!

Anyone got any name ideas for my feral gunslinger, or suggestions as to why Blume's Necron gauss flayer hasn't phased out yet?

RobSkib

Incredible work, I really like your colour palette. They are all brilliant models, but the Rogue Trader is my favourite - which model is he based off?
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Kresten

@ Robskib thankyou, im a big fan of your work too, my genestealer cultist has a tail thanks to yours.

Kresten is this guy http://www.historexagents.com/shop/hxproductdetail.php?ProductCode=S4F36 from Andrea

spikeyjoey

is that a necron gauss flayer on the scientist?

Shannow

The stats in the rulebook for the gauss flayer are generally accepted to represent reproduction imperial tech flayer, and so it wouldn't phase out. However I think with these things you can often just make a mystery of it and don't have to give a proper answer. How did he get it to not phase out? No one knows...... oooooooh mystery!! :D

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Kresten

I like the idea of a necron flayer, makes him more mysterious i think, how did he get it? how does he have the knowledge to keep it etc. So I think I may just leave it to mystery. He is heretikal so maybe hes managed to coat it in some warp-reactive alien gunk that does something or some sort of unstable stasis field. I like the idea of something backfiring on my characters for some reason, I think it makes them more real if theyre doing something stupid sometimes or are in denial. More human. Like Morseccio, he's slowly being driven insane and is being corrupted by alien technology, destined to ....  ;) and Blume definitely uses all sorts of alien tech and has a cyber-mantle that was installed by a renegade heretek Magos that cause him no end of problems...

ALso if you like Kresten read his bio http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=972.0here and crit that! (please:)

Hadriel Caine

ooooooh.

very blanchean painting style. i hugely approve. some wonderful unique minis here mate. well done.
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Dexter

QuoteI've done the hair on Arx now and he looks like the frontman from motorhead now!

You made Inquisitor Lemmy??  That is easily the coolest idea I've ever heard related to Inquisitor.
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Easy E

I will echo what many have said, the Rogue Trader is awesome. 

^Cheapskate^

Acolyte Havlan Tome

Absolutely fantastic minitures, very realistic and a fantastic paint job. Competition winning material!!!
If you catch sight of me twice your either lucky or not worth exterminating

Kresten

Thanks again guys! I think the mini works well as a rogue trader, gives him more of a movie villain feel I think.

@ Dexter yeh he definitely looks like a 40k metal head with his hair, arms and hammer, and maybe he is, surely they have heavy music in the 41st millenium?

More pictures coming soon...