Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Cultist of The Great Predator

Started by Lacerto, July 11, 2010, 10:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lacerto

After a modelling hiatus since starting a new job I've had some time to make some new figures. I have been an adherent of the tomato tube technique since I read about it here and wanted to experiment with some more fancy clothes. He suffers a bit from the curse of the blobby feet because the true scale plastic soldier he's based on wore tiny shoes...

This guy worships the Emperor as The Great Predator. Normally the claws are retracted but when necessary they fire into position. And let's face it, who hasn't thought it'd be cool to have claws like that?

phil-o-mat

very nice! cool idea!

but i have a problem with the pose. he looks like he is rather falling than running.

bye , phil

Lacerto

Thanks for the feedback, you're right, he does look a little like he's falling over. I've greenstuffed his feet a bit to give him a bit more contact with the ground. Hopefully this reinforces the impression of running rather than sprawling.

Kaled

I think it's the angle of his left knee that makes him look as if he's falling - could it be straightened a bit?
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Lacerto

Now you mention it Kaled it's obvious it's the knee that's funny; good spot. I think repositioning the ankle and knee would require a lot of careful pinning; for now I'll keep him as he is. Instead I've been working on some NPCs for a game tomorrow, some data repository clerks.

I haven't had time to make big bases so they're on wee ones. But they should do for raising the alarm in the event of a robbery...

I've also got a longer term project of two guardsmen. I've had a go at making a lasgun. I'm a bit stumped about making a pair of matching stocks for both. Here is the first one so far.