Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Familiars on the same base?

Started by DapperAnarchist, August 27, 2010, 03:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DapperAnarchist

Should a familiar always be on a separate base, or would it be ok to put on one the same base, especially if part of the point is that they don't go anywhere?
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Shannow

If I recall, someone has a great mini that has its hand outstretched supporting a skeletel puppeteer familiar which is on the smame base and looks fantastic.

I would say in the case you outlined the same base would be fine, I've always wanted it to do a character with a psy eagle on his shoulder.

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Myriad

If you can model it and it looks cool, it's all good.  It would pose some problems if you wanted the familiar to act independently though.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Morcus

If you need to send the Familliar of on its own, just use a counter or another model to represent that. Problem solved. I'm with Myriad, If it looks good, do it.

DapperAnarchist

oooh, a counter, good idea. The idea is for a Cherub with advanced scanning tech to tag along with an Inquisitor. I was going to have it on a different base, then notice that the base I had had the perfect perch for it...

So, I'll take it as ok :)
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!