Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Possible Conclave Community Project

Started by Macabre, August 17, 2010, 07:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macabre

The idea of a 'Tale of Four Gamers' was brought up recently. Rather than have such a secular project, I have it in mind to create two Conclave supported warbands, each led by a puritan and a radical Inquisitor. I thought to run a 'design an inquisitor' competion (on paper only in the first) to find two diametrically opposed (and interestingly unique) characters. Even those who don't win would be asked to contribute a henchman PC for each warband. The overall idea is to reignite the hobby and the community, hopefully inspiring more IC interaction, painting and modelling opportunities and possibly gaming in a long term campaign to run during meetings. At the moment, its just an idea, let me know what you think. TTFN
++Believe the lie. Trust no one++

Acolyte Havlan Tome

If you catch sight of me twice your either lucky or not worth exterminating

greenstuff_gav

kinda,

Round #1: Design an Inquisitor
Pick 2 winners.

Round #2: those who don't make the cut design supporting characters for the warbands
Pick 6 (3 per crew)

Round #3: Make a Mini to suit your character

Round #4: gaming day in WHW

?
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Shannow

I certainly would enjoy contributing a character and model to a few of the acolyte pc character (don't think my writing would be up to a main character). I think would definitely encourage IC contribution if people can envisage there own model they've made up in that scenario.

PM if you want anything specific doing :)

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Acolyte Havlan Tome

what size would each warband be and what sort of characters should we think about writing up

Macabre

Actually I was thinking of keeping the henchman as a rolling project (after all, Eisenhorn had over a hundred agents working for him in the prime of his career), much in the same way as Dark Heresy is played.

Molotov

I was going to start a thread for this. I'm not sure I agree with the approach, though it's definitely interesting. I guess I figured that following four hobbyists constructing their bands would showcase some of the differences in the design process (along with some cool modelling features). Doing that would hopefully provide some inspiration and food-for-thought for those looking to get into Inquisitor.

That said, your idea of the Conclave-supported retinues is an interesting one. I would suggest that a GM gets chosen, someone who will run the battle report in the first instance, can arbitrate any disputes and can make the final decisions about which characters go into which warbands.

EDIT: I do quite like Gav's approach, actually.
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: Molotov on August 17, 2010, 08:03:18 PM
EDIT: I do quite like Gav's approach, actually.

Quote from: Macabre on August 17, 2010, 08:02:31 PM
Actually I was thinking of keeping the henchman as a rolling project (after all, Eisenhorn had over a hundred agents working for him in the prime of his career), much in the same way as Dark Heresy is played.

the idea being, those "chosen" by the community get to play in the proper writeup, while those who contribute characters are free to model their own creations which can be added to a "library" of community characters?
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

RobSkib

I think what we have here are two very good, yet separate, ideas - the 'Tale of 4 Gamers' approach is something I really like the sound of, but IMO belongs more as a series of articles belonging to Dark Magenta.

I also really like the idea of making two community warbands and having them scrap at a Conclave get-together, with regards to the GM, I'd like to volunteer some of the longest of beards; PO, Kaled and Van Helser are all great GMs.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Macabre

Not exactly, anyone can submit a henchman character (one for each warband) either just on paper or with a model, but every paper entry will have its rules vetoed by someone learned and trusted to prevent Mary-sue entries.

Molotov

Quote from: RobSkib on August 17, 2010, 09:39:21 PM
I think what we have here are two very good, yet separate, ideas - the 'Tale of 4 Gamers' approach is something I really like the sound of, but IMO belongs more as a series of articles belonging to Dark Magenta.

I think that's what I was trying to get at. The 'Tale of 4 Warbands" is something that we could easily coordinate and that could definitely add to Dark Magenta. This "Community Challenge" is definitely something laudable, but something that I think should be run alongside the TO4W, rather than instead of it. :)
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Acolyte Havlan Tome

I agree that a TO4W could be run alongside and not as the community project

Shannow

Is there a personal power level at which you would like the henchman to sit, or should we just go by our own mind as if for our own warbands? And are we to also to perhaps make them more puritanical/radical than usual (as many of mine are very ambiguous :P).

Really keen to play around with idea that I wouldn't necessarily wish to play myself but would enjoy modelling and writing for.

Perhaps some 3rd party characters such as xenos could be involved as well?

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Acolyte Havlan Tome

I'm in the mood for massive chaos spawn controlled by a daemon. The spawn just regenerate after a couple of turns until the daemon is killed. That is whar you call 3rd party xenos

(sorry got a bit carried away there) :-[

Van Helser

I think anything that encourages Inquisitor modelling and gaming has to be a good idea, so there's no reason why both these ideas can't be taken forward. It would be great to see some more Dark Magenta battle reports too, and I think both plans lend themselves to producing a great number of Dark Magenta articles.

I'd like to be involved in any way I can, but the toils of dentistry and my remote location up here in Inverness do count against me somewhat. Nice to be called a long beard too... Even if I did shave it off last week!

Ruaridh