Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Davros Shiel

Started by Swarbie, September 12, 2010, 01:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swarbie

So, this was inspired by the Dirty Tactics thread. Rules and stats to come soon.

The two men, one a hunched retainer, the other hired muscle, stepped into the mid-hive pub. Harsh, angry music blared from a set of speakers that covered an entire wall. The strobe lights gave flashing glimpses of writhing dancers, men making deals and playing card games over small tables. Men garbed in mismatched armour carrying a variety of weapons watched from the edge of the bar.

"Who is the best here?" asked the retainer, looking at each of them in turn. The muscle-man shifted uneasily as the retainer's question, spoken unwittingly loudly, drew the attention of several of the bounty hunters.

"I – I would go for Galthort or Briggs, sir," he said, indicating a short man carrying a shotgun and a tall, lithe woman carrying a brace of pistols. The retainer looked them over, but his attention became caught by a cold blue gleam from a corner.

"What about him?" he asked. The muscle-man flinched when he saw the object of his employer's attention. 
"No, sir," he said, attempting to draw the retainer away. "You do not want to hire him."

"And why would that be?" asked a cold voice from behind the pair. They turned around, and both of them jumped simultaneously. Behind them was a tall, thin man garbed in a leather storm-coat. A pistol was nestled at his hip, a submachine gun was swung over his shoulder and a knife was strapped to his leg. His close-cropped blond hair framed a weather-beaten, scarred face with a gleaming blue bionic eye in it.

"D-d-Davros . . ." muttered the muscle-man. "F-fancy meeting you here. Actually, we were just going-" 

"Nowhere," interrupted the retainer. "Davros, is your name? What is your reputation?"

"I am the finest man-hunter this side of the Eastern Fringe," said Davros. "I can find any target, anywhere. I'll take it, anyway I can. Then I'll take proof of the kill back to you." The muscle-man pulled the retainer aside, muttering furiously.

"Sir, Davros is not safe. He has no sense of honour, no loyalty above his coin. He is a loose cannon. You might as well try to hire the Mariner-" The muscle-man froze. The barrel of a surprisingly large pistol was pressed against the back of his head.

"Don't try to lose me a job, boy," said Davros, his tone laden with menace. "I'll gut you like the spineless pig you are, and then make you lick your blood off the floor as you die. Understood?"

The muscle-man whimpered slightly, indicating his understanding.

"Good," said Davros. "Now, sir, what can I do for you?" . . .

Davros struggled backwards, holding his pistol to the head of his target as he dragged the man backwards. A bloodthirsty grin covered his face as he raised his voice. "Alright! Nobody move, or your little buddy here gets it!"

The gangers surrounding him backed away. He shuffled out the door of their hide-out, and they followed him out. He moved through the dust. The gangers moved like a pack of warp-wolves, slowly surrounding them. Suddenly, Davros pulled his trigger.

The side of the ganger's head exploded, and Davros ran backwards, one hand keeping the pistol raised, the other holding the ganger's corpse as a shield. As the bullets ripped up the earth around him, he dropped his opponents one-by-one, bullets bursting skulls and vital organs. A stray shot entered his left arm, and he dropped his corpse-shield.

Cursing, Davros dropped to the ground, pulled out his submachine gun. A hail of perfect shots dropped the second to last ganger, and Davros rolled forwards. With one hand, he threw a lump of earth at his last opponent's face, and as the bloodied soil blinded the ganger, a storm of bullets took him down.

Davros stood up, brushed himself down and walked over to his target's corpse. He took a small vial and filled it with blood, then stuck a hank of hair and a piece of skin in a vacuum-seal bag. Finally, Davros took a pictograph-machine and snapped a few shots of the target's body.

"Should be good enough," he muttered, and walked away, fee earned.
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

DapperAnarchist

Davros Shiel so has to have a show down with Drake Kaled...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

MarcoSkoll

It reads well - takes in the ideas of the other thread pretty well. Looking forward to the rest of the profile.

Quote from: DapperAnarchist on September 12, 2010, 02:43:04 PMDavros Shiel so has to have a show down with Drake Kaled...
That one could be problematic, given that the relative players are about as far apart on the Earth as its really possible to be.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Swarbie

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on September 12, 2010, 07:29:44 PM
Quote from: DapperAnarchist on September 12, 2010, 02:43:04 PMDavros Shiel so has to have a show down with Drake Kaled...
That one could be problematic, given that the relative players are about as far apart on the Earth as its really possible to be.

Emperor bless the colonies . . .

Not to mention the fact that I have yet to make good on any of my Inquisitor modeling plans.

EDIT: Profile and rules! Yay! He's meant to be pretty good at everything, seeing as he often has to work alone. The special rules are there to add flavour more than anything else, and could really just be covered with good roleplaying, but I like writing stuff like that. The Hipshooting is there because it fits in with his tried and tested tactic of firing while dragging a meat-shield around, and he has Lightning Reflexes to represent him making up yet another Dirty Tactic (tm) on the spot. Finally, his weapon-detecting eye is there because I watched 007:The World Is Not Enough on Saturday night and loved Bond's x-ray sunglasses. That is all.

WS BS S   T    I   WP SG NV LD
63  77 74 68 72 54  52 69  23

Davros Shiel is right-handed.

Equipment: Average bionic eye with weapons-detector, reinforced clothing and mesh armour (AV4 to all locations except head), pictograph-machine and various vials and sample bags.

Weapons-detector: Davros' eye contains a multitude of metal-detectors, small-scale density-scopes and thermal-scanners. These combine to pick out the shapes and locations of concealed weapons on a potential target, but can be fooled by armour or stupidly thick clothing. He can see any weapons a character is carrying, provided the location they are concealed/carried in has an AV of 5 or less.

Weapons: High magnum revolver with 2 reloads, one containing Cutter ammunition, knife, SMG with 3 reloads, one containing Armour Piercing ammunition.

Special Abilities: Hipshooting, Lightning Reflexes, Bad Reputation, Fee Earned, Brawler

Bad Reputation: Davros is known all over the Eastern Fringe and in many other places, and it isn't for his friendliness. Gangers, bounty hunters and other underworld-related characters are likely to know of Davros and will count him as Fearsome. They will usually refuse to work with him, and will generally attempt to persuade their employers that he is not a good prospect (campaign use).

Fee Earned: Davros will continue to fight only as long as he is in danger or his target is still alive. Once his target has been taken out, he will collect evidence of their demise and return to his employer. If his target is taken out of action, assuming there are no other enemies that could potentially attack Davros, he will move towards his target. When he reaches them, if they are still alive he will execute them, and once they are dead he will collect evidence such as blood samples and pictographs. Doing this takes a full turn. Davros will then attempt to leave the board unless attacked.

Brawler: Davros is not above getting his hands (and knees and elbows) dirty, and is an experienced brawler. If he is fighting in close-combat without a close-combat weapon, he receives a +5% bonus to his Weapon Skill. He will also do such things as bite opponents, knee them in the groin, throw sand in their faces or attempt to gouge out their eyes. The GM should decide on how to apply such tactics.
With it, my world
To dust returning

Shannow

Afraid I have not a great deal to add, except to say that I really liked the little short and that it strikes me that he would make a great character for monthly shorts (in the loveable rogue anti-hero way), mainly I think because even in the short passage Davros is filled with a huge amount of believable character.

Good stuff!

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Swarbie

Well, thanks. A monthly short, you say? Hmmm . . . perhaps. I'm not sure if I could break out of the obvious cycle of: employed, walks into place, dirty tactics, target dead, fee earned. 

But maybe. Any comments on the rules and profile? Or is all in order?
With it, my world
To dust returning