Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

New Here - long time listener - first time caller.

Started by Torg_OR, April 23, 2024, 03:20:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torg_OR

Hey all,
I wanted to try and break into this forum and say hi. I am a long time GW player - new to Inquisitor. I have had a couple figures (54mm) I picked up way back in a discount bin... always wanted to play - never got the chance. Over the Covid time I started re-reading the rules and collecting the minis. As I get older I suppose I have been trying to recapture some gamer magic. Long story short... I am running a demo for Inquisitor at a local "Old-Hammer" con here in the Portland, Oregon area in a couple weeks.
I ran through multiple sites over the past few months and collected "Data Transfer" from Dark Magenta as the demo I would run. I have had a couple simple run throughs - and things seem pretty straight forward to me ... but I know I have missed things I have not thought about.

I have painted 3 teams of 3 minis for the mission and I plan on squaring away with the character sheets this week. Fine tuning and trying to stick somewhat near the "conclave standard" ideals. I am hoping to create balanced teams ... but mostly this is to have some fun and try to get some folks interested in the game. If possible I plan to run future demos and possibly some sort of weekend campaign at future cons. - but I will wait to see how things pan out in a couple weeks first.

New to the game and running a game like Inquisitor. - I have been playing 40k since 1989... many other GW games as well as RPG's since Gamma World 1e, D&D... etc. (currently running Gamma World campaign as well). Anyhow, seems like this forum is a good place for me to start asking for help lol.

-d