Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Another Inquisitor joins

Started by Christof, May 21, 2010, 01:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christof

Hello!

My names Christof and I just started to play 40K again and chose a witch hunter army to play with. Now I want to use the miniatures for Inquisitor to build a nice growing back ground story for my Inquisitor.

This said I will use the 28mm miniatures and the terrain for Inquisitor will be used for city fight scenarios with 40k rules as well.
I still have some of the 54mm miniatures and the printed Inquisitor rules, but I'm not sure if I will ever use these. Some of the miniatures might be useful as really nice statues, but we will see. I'm still not sure if I should read the Inquisitor rules again, or if I just use Ganesha Games 'Flying Lead' combined with the '.45 Adventure' ruleset by Rattrap, which I like a lot. So why am I here when I'm neither using the miniatures nor the rules? Well, I'm using the same setting, which is what the major part of the game is about, and the games will hopefully look much like a game of Inquisitor! I'm here to look for some inspiration for scenarios and game set up as well as terrain building and modelling.

Christof

Kaled

Welcome to the Conclave! *

If you have 54mm models and cityfight terrain, then you'll find that the two work really well together - and if you're making terrain, you'll find it's easy enough to make terrain that works well for both 28mm and 54mm.  As for rules, I haven't played the games you suggest as an alternative so can't really comment there, but if you want advice on the Inquisitor rules then you'll find plenty of people here who can help.

When it comes to inspiration - the 'In the field' sub-forum has a few battle reports, and there's plenty of modelling inspiration in the P&M sub-forum - hope you find something useful.

- Dave

* The big yellow welcome is traditional.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Christof

Hello Dave,
thanks for the welcome!
I have some of the 54mm miniatures, they where so cheap when INquisitor lost support in WD that I had to buy a starter and some additional characters. If they work well with the city fight terrain as you say (and the introduction to the forum suggests) I will give them a try, but I still doubt it  ;)

Just to give you an idea about the mentioned alternative rules:
Flying Lead is a modern/scifi skirmish rule set which works with only two attributes (which makes it very easy):
http://www.ganeshagames.net/news/2010/02/07/flying-lead-is-available/

.45 Adventure was made to play pulp detective story games. The idea I like a lot in this game is that you have to collect markers to draw a card from a card deck which reveals another part of the plot. Each card activates an event, or you simply trigger a trap or meet a NPC. To 'win' the game you must find the right events, so both gangs go for the markers. I like that mechanism a lot. 
http://www.rattrapproductions.com/Bullpen/

I'll read the Inquisitor rules again. This will probably give me a better idea how to start a game and which weapon or ability is available and so on. I hope rule discussion is not much of an issue as Inquisitor is a narrative game with a gamesmaster (better called storyteller) and not a competitive game. At least, this is what I want it to be when I start playing it.

Christof

Kaled

Quote from: Christof on May 22, 2010, 09:18:34 AM
If they work well with the city fight terrain as you say (and the introduction to the forum suggests) I will give them a try, but I still doubt it  ;)
A lot of the games at the Spring Conclave were played using the city fight terrain at WHW - you can see pics in this thread;
http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=682.0]
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat