Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

help to stay beardless

Started by vonDark, November 24, 2009, 07:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vonDark

Hey guys, im coming back to the hobby after a hiatus and a lot has changed since i was last paying attention. I remember when inquisitor was first released and wanted to play it even back then, but being young and poor didn't have the chance. Now older and slightly less poor, i decided to jump back in and finaly get to play a game which intrigued me so, only to find GW had effectivly pulled the plug. Mightily dissapointed. What happened! Anyway i would like to ask some questions. Are jedi concepts terribly beardy! If not what asbilitys and powers would you sugest as being a begginer i dont want to overload the charicter. Id like him or her to be istvaanian, solarian specificly and i feel the concept meshes well, the jedi like ability to influence people would be very useful, and damn cool to boot. Any feed back no matter how harsh is welcome. thanx P.S please ignore the bad grammar and spelling my key board seems to be possesed.

Kaled

First off, don't be surprised when you find that this thread is moved - the 'Out of Character' forum is for commentary on In-Character roleplays, not for discussion of rules and character concepts.  But anyway...

WELCOME TO THE CONCLAVE!

Quote from: vonDark on November 24, 2009, 07:24:18 PMAnyway i would like to ask some questions. Are jedi concepts terribly beardy!
I don't know about 'beardy', but they can be rather unoriginal.  It depends if you want to make a character inspired by the Jedi, or one that's basically a Jedi shoe-horned into the 40k universe.  The former is fine by me; the latter is less than good in my opinion (but if you think you can make it work, then good luck to you).

QuoteIf not what asbilitys and powers would you sugest as being a begginer i dont want to overload the charicter. Id like him or her to be istvaanian, solarian specificly and i feel the concept meshes well, the jedi like ability to influence people would be very useful
That depends - what concepts about the Jedi do you want to use?  The Jedi philosophy is very different to the Istvaanian one, so are you really talking about an Inquisitor who uses his telepathic powers to sow discord and strife?  If so, that sounds fine - but then I wouldn't make him a master swordsman armed with a powersword to avoid him coming across as a Jedi wannabe.  A few psychic powers like Puppet Master and the like should be a good way of representing his abilities in the game.

Perhaps a good next step, now that you have a concept, is to look for a model.  It's often pointless working out every last detail of his stats and equipment before you work out how to build the character; and often the very process of building the model will influence how the character develops and give you more ideas about who he is and how he operates.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat