Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Check out what I just won

Started by Kresten, August 23, 2010, 02:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morcus

I like that Idea about the derelict tank.

Flamers make sense but how about a water cannon?

Kresten

Quote from: Kaled on August 27, 2010, 07:40:44 PM
What are it's dimensions?  I'm curious as to how big it actually is...

11" LONG
7.5" WIDE
5.5" HIGH, its a very realistic size I think, definitely looks about right.

Quote from: Shannow on August 27, 2010, 08:29:33 PM
MOAR! Excellent looking tank, whats it made of? Any chance of making it so that its hull opens? surprise attack maybe, 'derelict' tank with a meeting in front and boom! out pops inquisitor kresten ;)

made of plasticard with an old toy as a basic chassis (I think). And, Kresten's a Rogue Trader remember :P

I'm tempted to start a new warband so that the tank can actually be owned and given some history... but I refuse to think about it until other projects are finished first.

Quote from: Morcus on August 27, 2010, 08:39:39 PM

Flamers make sense but how about a water cannon?

somehow non-lethal weaponry doesnt say Inquisition to me, has to be killy :)
"A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn"

Morcus

True, But non leathal gives you more chance to take captives ;).

What ever you do, keep us posted. I'm quite excited to see how it turns out.

Tessio Niri

Oooooooo nice piece of kit. That was an excellent find.

(Note to self: Must finish my Chimera)

T.
"There is but one God and his name is the Omnissiah. How his hunger extinguishes that light of the stars." Magos Belion Tygrosa

Myriad

I like it.  A water cannon is somehow non-imperial.  There could be some mileage in the idea of being stuck on a planet with a relatively liberal crowd control policy and having to work with what you can requisition locally.  ("It's armed with what!!?  Well, add some salt then, at least it'll sting)
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Shannow

Perhaps a cannon that fires a fast setting polymer gel? For those who absolutely positively must question every motherf*kcer in the room :P
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Jamas Orian

I was eyeing that one up also. I decided to go for a daemon huntress instead though :D

Kresten

Quote from: Jamas Orian on August 28, 2010, 06:18:48 PM
I was eyeing that one up also. I decided to go for a daemon huntress instead though :D

an in production easy to find mini over a one-off scratch build Inq scale chimera?? chu crazy hese

Quote from: Shannow on August 28, 2010, 03:30:24 PM
Perhaps a cannon that fires a fast setting polymer gel? For those who absolutely positively must question every motherf*kcer in the room :P

A web cannon would be cool... makes sense too.

Thing is, while Arx could have it, and as a monodominant who is basically just a hitman for an Inquisitor Lord it would make sense... but Im thinking of a Sicarius warband... and want to make them dressed in black, all pale and shadowy etc, but I just cant see why a sicarius Inquisitor would have a tank... but I can picture him with it and somehow seems right... hmmm need input i think

I dont want to pigeon hole it, like have weapons or anything that only make it suitable for one place or situation.

I havent done much to it, Ive taken those banners and skulls off and cleaned it off a lot, it was very dusty, put on some exhausts from a sentinel which look good, bit lost though, vehicles really arent my thing, Ive only ever owned a leman russ and i never put it together, just used it for bits... every time i pick it up i draw a bit of a blank!

Making me rethink my plans for an Arvus as maybe a bit too ambitious...

EDIT: I know this is only kind of relevant, but i need to get it out! I HATE people who bid on things 7 days or so before the auction ends, so if any of you are responsible for the bids on the space marine helmet thats on there now, shame on you! All you are doing is driving the price up you morons! /end rant :D

Jamas Orian

I stopped really watching it when it hit the 20 quid mark, as always I am on a serious shoestring budget =[

Vermis

Quote from: Kresten on August 30, 2010, 12:58:17 PM
EDIT: I know this is only kind of relevant, but i need to get it out! I HATE people who bid on things 7 days or so before the auction ends, so if any of you are responsible for the bids on the space marine helmet thats on there now, shame on you! All you are doing is driving the price up you morons! /end rant :D

Better to know what sort of competition you're up against early, than have someone snipe it from under your nose at the last moment, IMO.  ;D

Nice piece of kit you got anyway.  Whatever you add to it, I'm looking forward to seeing the results.
www.minisculpture.co.uk - a place about pushing putty 'til it does what you want it.  Currently recuperating from being hackered and knackered.

Shannow

Re:Sicarius, perhaps a tank is the best way to securely transport his assassin comrade? I'm thinking hannibal lecter-esque restraint her with the armed guards hugging the tanks interior hull :P just an idea anyway...
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Kresten

Quote from: Shannow on August 30, 2010, 06:42:51 PM
Re:Sicarius, perhaps a tank is the best way to securely transport his assassin comrade? I'm thinking hannibal lecter-esque restraint her with the armed guards hugging the tanks interior hull :P just an idea anyway...

That is an AWESOME idea, im definitely using that! thanks!

so Vermis youre the one eh? ;P

Morcus

Your not really driving the price up by bidding early, I've always played it strait and just put in the maximum I'm willing to pay when I find something I want and left it. I personally think Ebay would be better if the current highest bid wasn't revealed and it was just a sealled bid auction where the highest bidder paid what they Bid in Secret.

I get really annoyed by the opposite, you see something that been up for ages with no bids but it shoots up on the last hour from people who've seen it ages ago and waited right to the last minute to bid (Or got a machine to do it for them.)

Jamas Orian

The number one reason not to bid early is that you're not vulnerable to shill bidding (that is, the owner artificially bumps up the price).

Kresten

no, youre just driving up the price.

Anyway this isnt a thread about ebay complaints, i apologise for adding that comment