Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dapper's WIP Models - Now with INQ28!

Started by DapperAnarchist, August 26, 2010, 02:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DapperAnarchist

After many months of lingering in a box in my parents attic, I've freed some incomplete models for work. All C&C is welcome

This is my Ordo Sicarius Inquisitor, Andrej Cass, aka the Grey Man. However, even though he now has a coat of paint on him... I'm seriously considering ripping him apart and starting over. The trousers, the coat, the lining... its terrible. The best parts so far isn't visible - his large bionic arm with a chain axe. I also managed to lose part of the shield that is to go on his right arm...

This is my power-armoured renegade Inquisitor, Lady Photine Kalanode. Also currently missing an arm, hers has a sort of Daemon-possessed claw. She's got a base coat, and bulked out thighs.

This is my attempt at a Space Marine Scout of the Grey Slayers chapter, made from a Halo action figure. I'm mostly posting it now because I'm rather proud of the freehand... He'll have a bolter held upright, while the other hand reaches for a grenade from behind him. Its blurry as a very blurry thing in the fog, but thats the best I can get with this camera - there's no Macro function, I've checked. Its annoying. Hopefully you can see it.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Jamas Orian

Looks good so far. The half finishedness of the models and their paint jobs isn't flattering them much mind :P

DapperAnarchist

Well, they are WIP... :P

Since I can't actually work on one thing until its done, some other stuff has gotten done as well. I'm reworking a Magos I made a while back, improving in various ways. I've also made the leap and ripped apart the first model in the thread - and taken the opportunity to redo some of the parts, such as his shotgun. So -

Badly focused front view here

That's the Magos. Additions - making the cloak more fluttery, mechandrites made from guitar wire and bits from here and there, and he's going to have a sort of ball stuck on the back of his head, to represent a binary cortex.

Here we have the scout's bolter, recently improved on, the Inquisitor's double barrelled shotgun, and a head for another character, a psyker with a psy-booster or implanted psychic hood - represented by lots of wires coming out of her head. The wire bit on the bolter is inspired by the wire bit/decoration on the old Scout Sergeant bolt pistol - the one who had a chainsword over his head. Another view here, and a view of just the back of her head here.

DapperAnarchist

Double posting because the only other thing I have to occupy myself with is taking care of a kitten and telling my dog to stop trying to lick me... The first model posted here has been ripped apart, and so here is the Mark 2 (perhaps Mark 3, actually) version of Andrej Cass

Another view. And another.

He's now got a cherub following him, as you can see, because I decided that that base was the one for him, and then realised the cherub would sit perfected on that clock gear... I'm trying to go for a Blanche-esque feel here, similar to the bearded Inquisitor from the "Old Inquisitors" page in the Inquisition Sketchbook - under the one that apparently inspired Eisenhorn.

Any comments?

Shannow

Even though all your models are rough and unfinished, they all have a fantastic charm about them, with all the different looking bits (particularly the cogs) adding huge amounts of 40k grimness.

I can't really comment other than to say I like them all! Especially the last two full figures and the halo-scout model, which I may take inspiration from :D

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Acolyte Havlan Tome

The power armoured renegade inquistor is good and the magos looks awesome. I will be sure to comment when they are finished. :)
If you catch sight of me twice your either lucky or not worth exterminating

DapperAnarchist

It appears I am a dreadful liar. There is a macro function on the camera, its just hidden. Bastards... That, or I'm incompetent. Both are possible  ;D. Properly focused photos follow...

So, decided to try and get ahead on the Magos while I have the time - today and tomorrow. Then they all go back in the box until I move into a flat in Chester, in about two weeks. Here I present a pair of close ups, one of his face, which is a HUGE improvement over the previous version, which had an awful respirator made from the exhaust vent from a marine pack (part of which remains) and three badly made bionic eyes made of tubing and wire - replaced with a face plate, which will be gold, in the style of the astronaut helmet look, or the MJOLNIR armour faceplates from Halo.

The other is of one of his three mechadendrites, this one a utility one - a little clamp or something similar.

Made from the wing bolters off the Epic Thunderhawk...

Also a better focused overall view showing some crude basecoating.

However, I am going to repost something, now that I have proper focus - the freehand from the first post.

Also, yay, comments! I'll probably be posting again tonight, because, as mentioned, I have nothing else to do here :D

DapperAnarchist

Right, a completed model - the Magos. Simple, kinda flat I'll admit, but I had freehanded alchemical symbols all over him, didn't want to risk ruining them...

Rear view, with more symbols. Side View with hand flamer. Tentacle Eye Is Watching You. Portrait Shot. And the Secondary Brain Container.

I'm pleased with most of it, but the Brain Container could do with quite a bit of work... But for now, I'll leave it, as I seem to be simultaneously working on... 7 models, with about that many more waiting to be seen.

Shannow

Very cool! Though does look a little like he's falling over slowly :P I like the blue orb thing in particular.

Look forward tot he rest reaching fruition :)

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Myriad

I like this guy.  It's always nice to se a mechanicus with an individual look about him/her.  He is kinda falling forwards, but I think the slightly unnatural gait adds to the vibe of the model overall.

Nice work on the greyman's beard and the freehand on the marine, too.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Flinty

Nah, I like the hunched/lurching gait implied in the Magos, very nice. Well done on the free hand, I particularly like the winged staff wielding figure - although I am disapointed to see that the original text on the Grey Man has gone. He appeared to be wearing a green apron with ''sale'' written on it. I have a suspicion that there is no escape from the horror of golf sale advertising the the grimdark pro-celebrity future...ahhhhhhhhhhhgggg.

(sorry, I have a particulary aversion/hatred of f**kin' golf)
Neanderthal and Proud!

DapperAnarchist

Ha! The "sale" bit is from the foil I tried using to make his coat. Now the coat is a solid piece more like the standard model coat. Trying for a more military look to it, but mid-1800s military.

However, as I am moving in a week or so, I'm gonna have to take a break from it. Thankfully, I got one model finished, and more progressed on. When I get to a house in which I am actually able to stop, I'll get them out again. Plan is to finish painting Kalanode (who has sort of base coats all over in red and bone and metal), and finish sculpting the Grey Man, then paint him - probably gonna buy some Adeptus Battlegrey, partly because I'm going to use it on some repainting on the Marine Scout. But that will all be... a while away.

DapperAnarchist

Back! With pictures of my latest model, "Uzziah Nagure, Pariah Agent", plus a rather bad picture of a motor bike I've built... Nagure is still in WIP, going to rework his coat a bit and do detailing on his weapon and highlights on his head.

The motorbike has actually broken a bit, the front wheel come off. Should be easily fixed.

DapperAnarchist

And here are some completed models, with manipulated backgrounds... I started playing around with GIMP, found some free fire backgrounds and guides on making star backgrounds (which I was able to use to make the reddish smoke in the last one)

This is my Rogue Trader character, Caderyn Remiel. It was the first one I made, so it's a bit off.

Prince Meallan, Scourge of the Seven Ariepate Systems. I left the stars as more of a smudge on this, though the angle is all kinds of wrong...

Gorynych Delta, Skittari Bodyguard, made mostly from a Halo Spartan miniature and bits from Epic models. The lighting was terrible, but the angle worked out better.

Alta

Look good.

Was the Spartan mini 54mm? And if so, please could you link to where I could buy one?
...Few things in life make sense and unfortunately for you I am not one of them...