Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dapper's WIP Models - Now with INQ28!

Started by DapperAnarchist, August 26, 2010, 02:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eyeolas

Would raising the cherub behind Cass be at all possible? From what I can see in the different angles he looks really cool but its a shame to hide him.

And I have to echo axiom, the ambience of steampunk is pure awsome (with some special loving for the bases)

DapperAnarchist

I'm back...

The Cherub ended up being raised up a bit, but I haven't taken any photos of it... perhaps once I paint over the missing bit on his robe.

Here's my most recent model, a Khorne cultist called The Runtkiller. Idea behind him is he was an armsman or similar on an Imperial vessel, who heard the call of blood and now roams the spacelanes as a blood-soaked myth and horror...

Right Side
Rear
Left Side

And three photos I rather like of him

Here's the shield - the Khorne symbol needs a touch up. It's from the margins of the Liber Chaotica, thought I'd go for something a little different.

Here's his feet - my first attempt sculpting them, think they came out good, if a little pudgy - might make the non-bloodied parts look bruised.

And a face close up. Do people think a glowing eyeslot would be a good idea? And glowing what colour? Red would disappear among the rest of the red, but what about pure white, as if he's burning on the inside?

But that's not all I've been working on - this is my latest terrain piece, a Warhound head sitting on the ground. Either the 'Hound has been destroyed, on a battlefield, or it's in repairs - perhaps the head needs to be removed to get the Princeps out, as I've left no space for a door! It's not quite finished, the purity seal on the left side needs a wax seal.

Front
Left
Rear
Right

Any suggestions or criticisms welcome.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Hadriel Caine

The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

ismeno

It isn't often that you see a mini that really looks scary, but this dude.....really great mini, and I love the paint scheme-well done.

Aurelius 12

Love it, I had an idea for a similar character a couple of years ago. Never got round to him/her/it sadly!

Are you a Doctor Who fan? The helmet (and the burning) reminded me of 42.
And the Saint did weep when she saw how lost the people were. Seven tears fell upon Gomorrah. Seven tears to wash away their sin. A deluge of heavenly tears drowned their world in an ocean of forgiveness. The people cleansed in a sea of nuclear fire.

DapperAnarchist

42 is exactly why I kinda want to make it glow through the eye slot - that, and I can then give him Gaze of Death or a counts-as melta pistol on his face. Think I will... Having made a Khornate character, next up is a Nurgle one, with a face like this, a ruff similar to this one, on the left, and swollen sores made using peppercorns...

Molotov

It actually make me think of the Breen, from Star Trek. That said, it's a very cool model!
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

DapperAnarchist

Having just finished these off, with some minor paint touch ups and some repair work, I thought I'd offer them up.

Here's my female Inquisitor, Danijela Kolab. Originally equipped with a revolver and autopistol, I robbed the autopistol for Cass, and gave her a Power Falchion and a new bionic arm.

Here's right side, rear, and left side

And here are some finished bits of terrain, obviously made from the old plastic Gothic Ruins set, with various bits of dirt, rubble, parchment and candles stuck over them.

More
Even more
And another one.

[Edit]

Also, being oddly productive, I've produced this - a sketch of my next character, and the first part of it - his gut.

Heroka Vendile

the new wip sketch looks interesting. Is that a ruff around his neck and a tattered military dress jacket he's wearing?
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

DapperAnarchist

Hadriel Caine

The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Shannow

Y'know I said I had a virus,,,,,wasn't dissimilar :P very very very awesome looking.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

precinctomega

The runt killer made me think of Boussh the bounty hunter.  And - on that topic - I've not seen the Breen before, but how much do they look like Boussh/Leia?

I like your thinking on this Nurgley character, but that ruff needs to be a lot finer and tighter.  Take a scalpel to the details on the jacket, too, to sharpen them up.

R.

DapperAnarchist

Wow, this had dropped down the pages... :-[

Right, the Nurgle cultist has had a major overhaul -

Side view

He'll have one arm with a flamer/chemsprayer type weapon, the other skeletal, but his legs will now be beastman-style ones, to fit with his antler things.

And I have recently started on a Tzeentch Magus, built mostly from Spawn parts.

rear shot
side shot

He'll have a mask similar to one from the Chaos Warriors set, with several eyes protruding through, plus long robes and lots of trinkets, trophies, and gewgaws hanging from it. I'll also build him some daemonic familiars to run around with. 

Shannow

Yay for update!

The nurgles face reminds me of something creepy that might appear in Pan's labyrinth, very cool and creepy.

The Tzeentch magos also looks awesome, cant have too many spikey things.

Keep it up!

R
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.