Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dapper's WIP Models - Now with INQ28!

Started by DapperAnarchist, August 26, 2010, 02:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inquisitor Goldeneye

I like your new Adeptus Mechanicus figure, and your weelchair character intrigues me, what torso is that you're using?

Also, this latest incarnation of the King of Limbs is a considerable improvement on the old one; nothing says 'unabashed hedonism' like a big, fat stomach! Will we be reading about him in your 'Order of Liars' thread any time soon, or is the Slaaneshee character to whom you've alluded someone else?

Oh, and I like the, what I can only assume to be a headshot of Cthulu you've used as a base for photgraphing your models; very Chaotic and tentacle-y!
'A truth that's told with bad intent beats all the lies you can invent.' -  William Wordsworth.

Alyster Wick

Going on a conclave binge (it's been far too long).

Have to echo the love for the Lord of Limbs. It was an interesting concept initially and you've really upped the ante with this new incarnation. The delicate veil contrasts wonderfully with the massive gut and spindly legs. Lives up to his name.

Love the daemon weapon as well on your female inquisitor...may have to steal that at some point. Really just brilliant idea, can't believe it never crossed my mind. Great reminder that you can always combine the same old parts in different ways.

Big fan of the AdMech as well, I love featureless masks and robes covering impossibly proportioned figures. Reminds me of a larger version of Gav's 28mm scratch build in his thread. I have to say it's a concept I've been wanting to explore for a while now and you two may have convinced me (although I suppose I'll just be a shameless hack at this point).

Excited for the wheelchair guy, interesting concept. Overall your scratch builds are improving nicely, I'll have to turn up my own game if/when I ever carve out the time. Unfortunately my apartment has been hovering between 95-115 degrees recently outside of the bedroom (which has a small window AC unit) so I haven't mustered the resolve to spend more than 5 minutes at a time at my work bench :(

DapperAnarchist

Oh god, I have failed to respond for SO LONG. I have a red warning on my page that I might be committing necromancy. At least 120 days? Really? Wow.

Ok, questions answered, then updates posted.

Goldeneye - The torso is from a Dark Age mini I bought ages ago. It's donated parts to lots of things...

The King of Limbs is indeed part of the Liars, but that is in... hiatus. Yeah. Mostly because I don't know how to write for a Slaanesh character.

Okay! UPDATES!

Here
Here
And here
My PIP 28mm mounted bounty hunter. A lot of work needed, but he's on his way.

Here
Here
And here
This one is the start of a xenoarchaelogical team, cutting their way into ruins to find out more. He needs more work to be de-Scoutified.

Here
Here
And here
My 54mm Navigator. She's very fuzzy, unfortunately. But in general, I'm pleased with her, but the shoulders need work.

Here
Here
Here
And Here
My Marine-hunting Inquisitor, the Bone Lord of Neoganymede. Almost finished!

Here
Here
And Here
My Dark Mech 'Meister', a lieutenant to a Magos.

Here
Here
And here
My fanatical scroll-and-banner-bearer (banner yet to be built, but think Byzantine Ikons)

Here
Here
Here
A sword-wielding Daemon/Witch hunting mute with (my favourite part) loads of wires in his back.

The Inquisitor who is accompanied by fanatic and sword-dude.

Here
Here
Here
And here!
Creepy psyker girl and her "friends".... "I like dead people, they aren't mean to me like the others..." Basically, I bought a grab bag of zombies from Heresy, and this little lass was in them, and I thought... Yes. Creepy psyker it is. She's missing her fat zombie friend, he's in a box somewhere.

Yeah, obviously I'm expanding the INQ28mm part faster than the 54mm part, but my 54mm collection is pretty sizable anyway, and I have plans for about... 6 models that aren't here, I think? Cass Mark 5, Squidman, Wych, Harlequin, Techsavage, Psyker/savant, Mutie Pack, Trader Duelist, Techpriest, Cullmaster.... think that's it. Thats way more than 6, and I still have that bird head... aaargh So more to come! When I have time. I have a thesis to write after all...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Alyster Wick

Some great stuff here. I've been waiting a while to see some of these, great to see how they're turning out :)

I love the mounted hunter. Something about the hair, goggles and handkerchief over his face combo that just really works (and the coat helps). Looking forward to seeing the on-foot version as well.

The Xenological team member looks great, not too Scouty IMO (though I'm intrigued with what direction you'll go in). I'm not sold on (what I'm assuming) is the night vision attachment, though that could change with the paint job. Is it intended to be traditional night vision or some kind of xeno-tech?

Navigator is just brilliant. Incredibly mutant profile (almost alien, a little Tau mixed in there) but I think it's fitting. What are the plans for the smoother areas right here?

The Bone Lord is just awesome, a great fusion of parts. Really surprised that the pieces from that very Necron-looking mini fit for an Inquisitor but they do (it's a Cryx character, right?). Anyway, really cool.

As a roundup, the Meister is bizarre in a great way, great looking Fanatic (what's the head?), I love the Skull faced operative, and the plague-doctor Inquisitor is interesting (will like to see how it takes shape). Also, the girl and her zombies are very evil looking.

Easy E

I like the Plague looking mask for the Inquisitor.  Very Blanche-an.  Ordo Sicarius by chance?
^Cheapskate^

DapperAnarchist

Wick - The goggles on the converted-Scout are supposed to be "broad-spectrum" goggles - night and infra vision etc. I was going for a Steampunk-y look, but the armour is going more and more techno-medieval, with long pointy boots and a fancy collar etc.

The Navigator is sort of based on the Ousters from Hyperion by Dan Simmons, at least a little bit. The smooth areas might just stay smooth, and be painted glossy-survival style! Not her shoulders though, or arms, they're being worked on now.

It is Cryx, not sure what model, was given a pile of parts for free by a friend. One arm is now on the Navigator, the spear-weilding bionic. Another Cryx model donated a torso to the Meister.

The Fanatic's head is an old Space Wolf head. I think that add-on pack has been updated, with more beards. There's a head there that seems to have been uniquely made to make 28mm version of Covenant, so much so that I feel I couldn't use it here, as it would so obviously be Covenant.

Easy E - He's Ordo Malleus, actually. I thought Daemonhunters are entitled to a hefty dose of the wyrd and freakish, and a mask to protect against plague seemed fitting for one who might face off against the forces of Nurgle.

Shannow

Wow.. Love the pointy faced inquisitor above, very sinister look. All very Characterful and charmingly sinister!
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Crystal-Maze

I could have seen the plague doctor type mask being very fitting for an ordo sepulturum inquisitor/ affiliate, so much so that I might steal the idea if you don't mind ...

DapperAnarchist

Well, this has been a while...

A bit of an image dump, as you might expect, starting with finished, through to the most WIP

Firstly, Sanguinus Raban, Swordmaster and hunter of the Daemonic

Right Hand Side
Left Hand Side

Obviously inspired by... ok, by SOMEONE's crusader, using the same hipboots, padded (in this case scaled) torso, and the greatsword arms, but I can't find who. I thought it was Jeff Vader, but can't see it on his blog? And by inspired, I mean pirated from. Obviously.

Next up, Xytus, armed with a laslock, some scrolls, and shouting.

Right Hand Side
Back

Xystus needs some work, I know. He's on the wrong side of messy...

Here's a Wolf Scout, Skander, because why not? It's a truly great model, so the conversion is pretty limited - a bionic arm, a boltgun instead of a bolt pistol, and the holster turned into a satchel - possibly for a satchel charge?

I tried and tried and tried to get in focus shots of his rune tattoos on the head, but my camera would not, no matter what, focus on anything other than the background.

Here's a b&w photo of PIP Inquisitor in some big fancy armour.

Right hand Side

I'm going for a yellow armour, to move away from my over-used red-grey-brown standards.

Everything else from here-on-in is also b&w, to hide the flaws...

Here's a thermal-torch wielding explorer

Left Hand Side
Back

I've gone for a steampunk look here, with weird goggles and so on.

Here's a heavily armoured Rogue Trader, looking very dapper in his feathered cap

Right Hand Side

He's massively out of proportion, but there you go.

And here's a Navigator, VERY much WIP - not even got any arms yet.

Closer
From The Back
I'm pleased with how it's going, but not with the fact that the folds in the robe got smushed out at some point while attaching the tubes...