Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Psycker Levels Compared to a Statline

Started by Jamas Orian, September 09, 2010, 01:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamas Orian

Question:

How does the 1D psycher power rating scale compare against an inquisitor statline?

For example, how much WP would an Eta-level psycker have? How many powers would they have? And so on.

The reason I ask is that there seems not to be anything of sorts about, and wished to apply such a designation to my warband's resident psycker (http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=998.0) in the fiction I'm writing for them.

MarcoSkoll

Erm... It's hard to say. The Inquisitor system doesn't represent psychic potential very well. After all, Wp is a measure of control - not necessarily power. Number of powers represents versatility.
I'd say power potential probably comes under the powers you choose for the psyker. Choose formidable powers if they're supposed to be a powerful psyker, less so if they're not.

Ultimately, there is actually a lot to be said in favour of adapting the DH psychic system for Inquisitor.

~~~~~

However, in this case, I'd advise something like perhaps Eta or Theta level - your descriptions make me perceive her as less powerful than I think of Maya Avens (who is a Zeta level, although towards the high end of that). You said you've read War of Shadows, so you should have some idea of the power level I give Maya.
She's not quite as powerful on the tabletop as she is in fiction - she's reined in for the sake of the game - but I personally think a Zeta-level psyker should be bloody scary.

Of course, others might have different opinions of power levels, so I'll look and see where the general consensus ends up.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Jamas Orian

Yes, I was aiming around there in the power scales for Eleanor.

Do you think it would be a worthwhile pet project to classify the rulebook powers with a power level of some sort?

Just for reference, here's a cut and paste of the greek alphabet.

Α    Alpha    
Β    Beta    
Γ    Gamma    
Δ    Delta    
Ε    Epsilon    
Ζ    Zeta    
Η    Eta    
Θ    Theta    
Ι    Iota    [notable psychic abilities start here]
Κ    Kappa    
Λ    Lambda    
Μ    Mu    
Ν    Nu
Ξ    Xi
Ο    Omicron [residual psychic energies start here]
Π    Pi
Ρ    Rho
Σ    Sigma
Τ    Tau
Υ    Upsilon
Φ    Phi
Χ    Chi
Ψ    Psi
Ω    Omega [negative psychic energy]

Where do normal humans fit on this scale again? It was about Rho wasn't it?

Edit: Added a couple of descriptive levels based on some info I found.