Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Oblationist Inquisitor and bodyguards, 1st draft.

Started by GAZKUL, August 27, 2010, 07:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAZKUL

The theory behind the background free bodyguard is for it to be used a a template for standard followers of the inquisitor, a plentifull disposable resourse for him to use as he pleases, they could be penal legionaires or scum from the underhive.  The imagery for the mob would be simple black cloaks and robes which will alow me to use cheap models to form the basis of the unit, a uniformed appearence with little to distinguish them apart.
"You do not need to prove that you exist because soon you won't"

Kaled

While there's nothing wrong with your Inquisitor recruiting a bunch of goons who he treats as a disposable resource, probably not even bothering to learn their names, this is Inquisitor, a narrative wargame, and you the player should know something more about your warband. If you don't, then how will you know how to play the character? Is the robed figure at the Inquisitor's side Bob a cowardly underhive scum, or Fred a hardened penal trooper? Your Inquisitor may not care but they're two completely different people who may react differently when presented with a situation in a game.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Kresten

I agree with the above, it seems like your going out of your way to have as little character as possible with these guys, which is something that Inq needs to be viable.

I like the idea of Oblationists but I think you've got the process the wrong way round, you need a background to justify stats and without one its just numbers.

With the stats, lack of background and all of your warband looking exactly the same I think you're headed for one boring game of Inquisitor!

EDIT: just read that through again and it seemed a little harsh, I really dont mean it that way!
"A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn"

GAZKUL

Like i said before its just a starting point and i will have to read through the background more thoroughly before i decide.  Thanks for all your help. :D
"You do not need to prove that you exist because soon you won't"