Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Orks in Inquisitor?

Started by GAZKUL, August 29, 2010, 12:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAZKUL

As a die hard ork player in 40k i was wondering if and how you could introduce them to Inquisitor.
"You do not need to prove that you exist because soon you won't"

Acolyte Havlan Tome

I would suggest using them as NPC's or were you meaning to use them in a retinue????
If you catch sight of me twice your either lucky or not worth exterminating

DapperAnarchist

Freebooters, Blood Axes, exiled Orks of various sorts, experimental subjects (though personally I'm not that keen on such things)... There's been couple Ork-related things here, one a Freebooter Ork model and character, the other a character in some fiction - though I'm not sure if that was on the old 'clave or this one... They have their place, as the enforcer for the utterly untrustworthy radical or crime lord, but they should never ever be simple servants or slaves - no Ork will ever truly accept the rule of a Humie, only as much as it benefits them. Also, Orks in isolation tend to be small - bigger than any human, sort of 6 foot stooped, but they would never reach Nob or Boss height, as they're outside of the Waaagh! that determines Ork growth.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

GAZKUL

I have played orks in 40k for 8 years and was merely interested in what would happen if you tried it, what stats would they have? how could you tie them int games? weapons?
"You do not need to prove that you exist because soon you won't"

Acolyte Havlan Tome

I don't really play orks in 40k but with regards to the stats probably higher strenth and toughness and lower sagacity, initiative and probably a low leadership if they are alone in a retinue but when used with other orks as NPC's then probably an average leadership. You could tie orks into any campaign without going into too much detail. Maybe a scouting party for an ork warband that you come across or the chief mek that is after some weapons for a gargant that you would rather he didn't get (or did get depending on who you are controlling). Just a few ideas for you, hope they helped.
If you catch sight of me twice your either lucky or not worth exterminating

DapperAnarchist

Do you have the We Need Guns Custom Ranged Weapons rules? They contain rules for a few different kinds of Ork ranged weapons, mostly its just high calibre pistols, greataxes, stuff like that.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Alta

Doing a quick search on the 'clave I found a few articles:

A similar thread to this:
http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=720.0

An ork model made by Ynek:
http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=151.0

Another ork model made by Kallidor:
http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=111.0

...Few things in life make sense and unfortunately for you I am not one of them...

Shannow

I've always personally thought that though you could have Orks in inquisitor, they should be confined to suitable scenarios. E.g. if the campaign is set on a hive world then I think using an Ork is out of the question it just doesnt seem feasible to me; whereas if the campaign was set on several outlying planets near tyhe halo zone or some such then the obviousness of an Ork would be not such a hinderance. I don't think it would matter much for stand alone games though to be fair.

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Flinty

With Shannow on this one - unless you are on the very fringes of Imperial space - or alternatively outside the remit of the Imperium altogether - its going to be difficult to have them as a regular feature. Xenos are obviously not welcome on most planets, never mind spore dropping ones.

Difficult to see them as anything but transient allies to the very radical Inquisitor or Interrogator etc, as Orks are not known for thier investigative powers or any knowledge or interest in the workings of the darker political goings-on of mankind...unless they can kill!, smash!, burn! etc etc.

Having said that I always thought Orks would be one of the more common non-human species Inquisitors would come across and given some clans are well known mercenaries, the odd stompy shooting, smashing greenskin should be very interesting in a game.

As Alta has linked, several Conclavers have discussed this before, but I have yet to hear how an Ork in a game panned out - if you play one (or more) let us now how it went.
Neanderthal and Proud!