Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisition Label for Off-Limits

Started by Easy E, September 01, 2010, 04:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Easy E

Greetings,

I am trying to remember/find the pigeon latin term the Inquisition uses when an area of space is considered off-limits. 

Is it Perditas?  Is there more to the title such as Perditus Terriblus Hereticus? 

Thanks.
^Cheapskate^

Flinty

Perditas - lost (to humanity presumably), I think is just used by itself.

I could see a terminology being required for degrees of Imperial influence, for those planets that are teetering on the edge of control to those which are capable of being recovered by the Imperium ''at some point'' before falling into the final categeory of Perditas. I presume that the use of Perditas differs from the application of the Exterminatus label - or is that a direct command as opposed to a descriptive tag?
Neanderthal and Proud!

Swarbie

Exterminatus is a physical action (virus-bomb the planet/s), while Perditas would be a classifier for a sector of space, I think.
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

Heroka Vendile

that or Excommunicate - in both the meaning of no longer being on contact and also in it's other imperial use of being banished/spurned.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Easy E

Thanks guys.

Is there a stronger label for a situation to say, if you go there expect to get shot at on the way out?  I guess a label meaning Quarantined or Forbidden? 
^Cheapskate^

Heroka Vendile

not as such I don't think - but adding words like "Diabolous", "Hereticus" and "Extremis" to the descriptor of the location (alongside Inquisitorial Quarantine) should make it perfectly clear that under no circumstances are you allowed to make planetfall.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Kallidor

In Bloodquest they declare a world Mundis Excommunicata although Perdita is a pretty common term.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!