Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Lachesis Affair - Campaign

Started by greenstuff_gav, September 23, 2010, 12:50:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

so, i'm running an Inquisitor Campaign for my Local Games Club, and thought i'd share what i've got.

Introduction Handout
it isn't pretty, but i'm not great at that kind of thing! :)

For this campaign, each player (four players) is going to have a single character, each assigned to investigate the problems at the Mechanicus Research Station on Lachesis IV.
Having a lower count of Player Characters should allow games to run faster than full warbands and, with our groups approach to many things, a slew of NPCs to cleave through should ensure they have fun :)

so, feedback is always welcome :) these will be going up a week before the players get them so i've got time to adjust things :)
thanks for reading!
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

greenstuff_gav

so, i've let this one settle somewhat due to lack of local interest  :'( But i'll keep writing the campaign, just because :D

Here are the player handouts (more plot hooks are welcomed!)
The players are encouraged to keep these secret but by all means tell the other players them or make their own up and so on :)

some sample character archtypes for your players (you can assign character types or alter the objectives to fit)

Neutral: Inquisitor, Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Veteran
Chaotic: Inquisitor (Thorian or Horusian), Dark Mechanicus, Traitor Forces (Chaos affiliated)
Lawful: Puritan Inquisitor, Mechanicus, Adeptus Arbite, Adeptus Astartes
Evil: Inquisitor, Adeptus Mechanicus, Rogue Trader, Traitor Forces (Chaos / Xenos infected / affiliated)

At this point, it maybe good to have a free-form IC RP session just to introduce the characters to each other.
This lets them get to know the other party members and as GM allow you to make notes on the characters and playstyles.

I recommend having this as the tail-end of the character generation session or a separate game; this may take longer than expected!

With objectives assigned, Characters generated and setting introduced it's time to get into the game!

Act One: Planetfall
Act One: GMs' Notes -Not For Players!

This is a simple scenario to get people into the Inquisitor system; having landed on the planet, they have a trek to the bunker entrance.
It will get players used to actions, sample tests and a little bit of light combat to keep the pace moving!

Build Your Imagination

Flinty

All those views and not one reply? Excellent stuff Gav, resources like this - especially ones geared at getting new players going - should be encouraged at every opportunity; and I think you under estimate your production values, those handouts look far more professional than some of mine...
Neanderthal and Proud!

greenstuff_gav

cheers  8)
with all the page views and no comments i thought it must have been that bad no-one wanted to comment :lol:

scenario 2 is being worked on (Handout is done - GM Sheet is WIP) for some point this week :)

Build Your Imagination

greenstuff_gav

so, a bit late, but:

Act Two: Deeper Underground
Act Two: GMs' Notes - Still not for players!

I've planned this campaign around the Space hulk Board Sections; any version will do, but the new one is more suited to Inquisitors' 40mm bases.
Of Course, the plan for this campaign was Inq28mm so for us it wouldn't have been an issue  ::)

for some reason, the Doc-to-pdf site chopped off the header bars so for that, i apologise  :-[

Build Your Imagination

greenstuff_gav

more troubles with the Doc-to-PDF site has delayed this one while i tried different methods of making the doc file and still knackered my headers :(

Act Three: Don't Panic
Act Three: GMs' Notes - leave it alone players!

a similar objective to the previous act, this time with added combat :)
for the NPC interactions, i've been playing about with a Fallout3-style NPC interaction; you require a skill of # to get different responses. don't make the requirement, then less information is gained.
like any PC based RPG tho, there are alternate methods of finding the information out and like a proper RPG you don't have to share this information :D

Build Your Imagination

DapperAnarchist

Try CutePDF Writer - its been pretty good for me so far. It makes a PDF creator in your print options for any program that prints.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Desaad

Hello,

Just reading through this as I am going to start my first campaign with a group of friends (4 of us) so thank you very much for creating some of the collateral....unfortunately the links no longer work :( do you still have them??

I would love to know how the campaign went if you got around to playing it? :)

MarcoSkoll

Gav and I ran a modified version of the Lachesis Affair campaign for a 2015 event, and that campaign pack can be found here.

It was adapted to be run across multiple tables in a three round format, but the core concepts largely remain from the version Gav ran for his club.
It's possible I still have those versions, as I had to go through them to do some adaptation, but I'll need to do some hunting around on hard disks to find where they might be.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Desaad