Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

uav's and small air veehicles

Started by Gogz, September 24, 2010, 09:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gogz

are there any rules around for the use of U.A.V type spy planes
Indeed

Shannow

What sort of context would this be operating in? An in game scenario or a mid campaign type action? If in game I would suggest some form of familiar rules  mishmash would be adequate for needs.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

DapperAnarchist

There's the Spy, Hunter, Grenadier, and (quite appropriately) Reaper equipment packages for Cherubim in On Angel's Wings (FO43InqAngelwing.pdf in the Skoll Archive) - any of those could represent a UAV of some kind.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

MarcoSkoll

Time for some trademark winging it (i.e. if it's total rubbish, I claim no responsibility.)

UAV is circling over the table. One of the characters has a auspex type thingy with a link to it.

It can detect any character in the open with the same rules as a Motion tracker auspex (without range penalties, however). The character can also spend actions directly consulting the image feed, and while doing so, has a line of sight from above the table.
It has some zoom capabilities, but the image quality is too poor to make out fine details. For example, if reasonably zoomed in on a specific character, you could tell they were using a keypad, but not what the combination was.

It might be possible for a particularly attentive enemy (if actually looking at the sky!) to notice the UAV, but regardless of what weapon they may have, it is way out of range and cannot be hit.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Gogz

thanks guys ive been away for a while so sorry for wait
Indeed